night terrors (spoilers)

#1gokuss692001Posted 3/9/2011 3:32:29 PM
in case anyone was curious during the night terrors quest, if you side with the demon Torpor you are given options of rewards. the rewards are:

power - 6 attribute points
knowledge - 1 talent/spell
magic - 2 unique runes that offer magic resistance (17% each i believe)
#2Jacen22Posted 3/9/2011 9:31:13 PM

gokuss692001 posted...
in case anyone was curious during the night terrors quest, if you side with the demon Torpor you are given options of rewards. the rewards are:

thanks bro, came up to the point rite now

#3GHANZ979Posted 3/10/2011 8:33:06 PM
Was this for a non mage? I remember that the deal for magic was the ability to manipulate the fade...which I have no idea how that affects anything
#4busta5000Posted 3/11/2011 5:03:40 AM
gokuss692001 posted...

What speech choices did you have?

I went alone without any allies so that I don't lose any friendship points when I side with typon knowing that I will get -30 friendship if I brought my allies.

Anyways I sided with typon & wanted power but when I go to the desire door the kid always discovers she is a demon is this a glitch in the game I always say
* go with your dad,son.
* I'm happy for you.

but that stupid desire demon blows her cover making the kid scared & I chose
* I don't want to fight.

but she fights me! after I kill her I go to pride door.

I tell the feyreil
* this is your birthright.
* embrace it.

but he discovers she is a demon!!!

so wryme now fights me after I defeat him I meet feyreil & say
* its safe.

but typon said I screwed the deal & he fights me!!

WTH should I do I am repeating the night terror quest I want my 6 attribute points I hope this is not a glitch.

So tell me what speeches you chose.
#5gokuss692001(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 5:11:38 AM
@ghanz

my character is a mage, and even though you say you want the power of the fade, all it really does is grant you 2 runes that give you magic resistance, not any actual power or ability or anything

@ busta

i wasnt by myself, i took in aveline, merril, and varric

the desire demon i pretty much always pick the top choice, she transforms, he runs off, then she manages to turn aveline against me and a battle ensues. after beating her i move over to the other demon. in there i choose the top options again, he realizes something is wrong and runs off, demon transforms and offers merril power so she turns against me and another battle ensues. now i run back down to Torpor tell Feynriel its safe, and i get teleported out and report to the keeper and his mother that he is an abomination, then gain control again outside with the given rewards.

after the team mates betray you you get quests to go talk to them to gain back any affection lost if need be. you may still lose like 5, but it wasnt a big deal to me. i did it with a full team, so i dont know how things go without them.

as for the realizing they are demons, i think only the desire demon should be transforming in front of him. the pride demon transforms after. your answers, at least as far as Torpor directs, are to gently sway him to realize they are demons, not outright tell him, he needs to realize it himself.