Whats the best Mage Staff?

#1SamuriPosted 3/17/2011 5:03:23 PM
Just got all the champion armor, does anyone no what the best mage staff is in this game? and where to find it?
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#2MasashigiPosted 3/17/2011 5:05:38 PM
In the Wounded Coast, there's a vendor at the top left part of the map.

I beleive the staff he sells is the best one in the game. I haven't seen any better.

I could be wrong though, haven't played as a mage yet, so I might have missed a better one somewhere.
#3Samuri(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2011 5:07:19 PM
hmm, i remember that vendor. I do remember a really expensive staff in his shop. but i dont remember the stats. should check it out.
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#4HotsumaruPosted 3/21/2011 2:01:24 PM
that staff is a good one but there is also one from the black emporium that has slightly higher dps and better stats overall.
the emporium one is

The Final Thought:
48 physical damage (65 per second)
+4 magic
+104 magic/stamina
+33% nature damage
+33% spirit damage
5% chance to regenerate 9% mana/stamina
Plus 1 rune slot

don't have the stats for cold blooded staff (the wounded coast vendor one) is slightly less dps doing cold damage 40 mana something like 10 regen and 6 magic and a boost to blood magic can't remember exactly what that boost is.
#5Rama_IIIPosted 3/21/2011 2:02:36 PM
Speaking of those blood magic boosts...do they do anything for a character that isn't a blood mage?
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#6ZarvayasPosted 3/21/2011 2:10:02 PM(edited)
Cold-Blooded:

37 cold damage (50 DPS)
+6 magic
+40 mana/stamina
+10 mana/stamina regen
+30% cold damage
Blood Magic: Each point of health provides 1 additional mana.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cold-Blooded

I really don't consider that to be worth the ridiculous price, which is 113 gold. Remember that raw staff DPS is taken into account for your spell damage, so regardless of a staff's bonuses you still want whatever hits the hardest. Mana and mana regen especially are rather redundant, because of potions and rally.
More topics from this board...
No fix for Nvidia still?!toffifee27/4 7:14PM