Whats the best Mage Staff?

#1SamuriPosted 3/17/2011 5:03:23 PM
Just got all the champion armor, does anyone no what the best mage staff is in this game? and where to find it?
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#2MasashigiPosted 3/17/2011 5:05:38 PM
In the Wounded Coast, there's a vendor at the top left part of the map.

I beleive the staff he sells is the best one in the game. I haven't seen any better.

I could be wrong though, haven't played as a mage yet, so I might have missed a better one somewhere.
#3Samuri(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2011 5:07:19 PM
hmm, i remember that vendor. I do remember a really expensive staff in his shop. but i dont remember the stats. should check it out.
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#4HotsumaruPosted 3/21/2011 2:01:24 PM
that staff is a good one but there is also one from the black emporium that has slightly higher dps and better stats overall.
the emporium one is

The Final Thought:
48 physical damage (65 per second)
+4 magic
+104 magic/stamina
+33% nature damage
+33% spirit damage
5% chance to regenerate 9% mana/stamina
Plus 1 rune slot

don't have the stats for cold blooded staff (the wounded coast vendor one) is slightly less dps doing cold damage 40 mana something like 10 regen and 6 magic and a boost to blood magic can't remember exactly what that boost is.
#5Rama_IIIPosted 3/21/2011 2:02:36 PM
Speaking of those blood magic boosts...do they do anything for a character that isn't a blood mage?
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#6ZarvayasPosted 3/21/2011 2:10:02 PM(edited)
Cold-Blooded:

37 cold damage (50 DPS)
+6 magic
+40 mana/stamina
+10 mana/stamina regen
+30% cold damage
Blood Magic: Each point of health provides 1 additional mana.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cold-Blooded

I really don't consider that to be worth the ridiculous price, which is 113 gold. Remember that raw staff DPS is taken into account for your spell damage, so regardless of a staff's bonuses you still want whatever hits the hardest. Mana and mana regen especially are rather redundant, because of potions and rally.