How much of an effect does Awakening, Golems and Witch Hunt DLC have on DA2?

#1MistBanditPosted 4/2/2011 8:55:48 AM
I beat Dragon Age: Origins, and I'm tempted to go straight into Dragon Age II with that save file instead of dealing with Awakening, Golems of whatever and Witch Hunt. (Morrigan is my Warden's love interest.)

Does it much matter?
---
OMGx10 Castle OMGx10 OMGx10 Crashers OMGx10
#2iceman922Posted 4/2/2011 9:02:57 AM
well I didnt notice anything with the DLC's, but with awakening there are some small cameo quests and not to mention anders is a companion in both awakening and DA2.
#3CronoRcPosted 4/2/2011 9:05:38 AM
not much, just a few quests, but ultimately, it does not matter.
#4FF_DestinyPosted 4/2/2011 9:06:50 AM
They don't make hardly any difference, but then again your DA:O save file makes hardly any difference either.

They went out of their way to separate the games. All you'll get is a few cameos or a few side quests, but nothing major as far as the story of DA2.
#5unused_loginPosted 4/2/2011 9:12:52 AM
Varric's last armor upgrade requires Nathaniel Howe's quest, I think.
#6CronoRcPosted 4/2/2011 9:17:16 AM
It does, sadly.
#7FF_DestinyPosted 4/2/2011 9:19:55 AM
unused_login posted...
Varric's last armor upgrade requires Nathaniel Howe's quest, I think.

Yes, but at the same time, it still requires that your save file be imported correctly, which mine wasn't, so I didn't get the quest anyway.

Which the TC should also know. No matter what your save file has in it, having it imported to this game correctly is a crap shoot.
#8CronoRcPosted 4/2/2011 9:22:10 AM
FF_Destiny, the same happened to me. I had to resort to the runscript zz_dae_debug console command and set the plot flag to QUEST STARTED.
#9Skel EttinPosted 4/2/2011 1:27:41 PM
If you don't want to shell out all the money for the DLC just to have effects in DA2 use this save editor:
http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2251

Even without the DLC I was able to import a generated save file and get the benefits.
---
"Carter, hand me my thinking grenades." Peter (Family Guy)
#10BlueMage279Posted 4/2/2011 4:04:51 PM
I can answer for Awakening. Jack ****. Regardless of what happened with Anders, he comes back as a homosexual and constantly berates Hawke about wanting to sleep with him. And regardless of your actions (ok it may be avoidable, as people have been saying, but I highly doubt it), he tries to rape you in one scene. So that's what's up.
---
If Mittens saved baby penguin based on his beliefs, and Mitten's beliefs are not in his direct control, does Mittens really have free will? ~Maraka