Which save do I import?

#1MmaguyPosted 2/27/2011 8:05:03 PM

Hey guys,

I Just finished Origins, going to play through Awakening/Witch Hunt next, and my question is:

I can do Awakening first, then Witch Hunt, and when I transfer my save over to Dragon Age 2, do I transfer over my Witch Hunt save?

I'm confused as to which save has all the data I've completed through all the game. After I completeall 3 of them (Origins, Awakening, Witch Hunt) which save do I transfer into DA2 to keep all the data?

Sorry if it sounds confusing.

#2Ryedog87Posted 2/27/2011 8:20:28 PM
Awakening is gonna take awhile to finish it's pretty long. It should automatically transfer everything over but I know it's gonna use your origins save and witch hunt. It doesn't matter what order you play them in. But like I said awakening is gonna take a good while
#3Mmaguy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2011 8:36:18 PM
Yeah, I've beaten it before, I've played them all (except Witch Hunt), but I lost all my saves from an uninstall a long time back.

So, If I play through Awakening then through Witch Hunt, it will combine each one of those together, but which save to I transport? The one from the last one I play?

What I mean is,

I transfer my Origins save into Awakening, then I transfer my Awakening into Witch Hunt, then I transfer Witch Hunt into DA2? I'm confused on how that works.
#4Ryedog87Posted 2/27/2011 8:38:36 PM
i'm sure it will tell you how to transfer everything once you get the full version
#5OnallionPosted 2/27/2011 10:02:24 PM
Probably Witch Hunt.
#6Torque86Posted 2/28/2011 5:27:33 AM
I think Bioware stated that if you are going for the import, you have to select a save from each section of origins and it's expansions. So if you want to import everything from upto Witch Hunt - You select one save from Origins, one from Awakenings, one from Golems of Amgarak and one from Witch Hunt. So a total of 4 saves to import.
#7some09guy IIPosted 2/28/2011 6:03:53 AM
Should only require the last chronological one. In this case, Witch Hunt.
#8Torque86Posted 2/28/2011 7:12:50 AM
After a little research it appears that I was wrong and the poster above me was right. This is straight from the wiki which obviously doesn't make it full proof but it's something to go on:

Dragon Age II allows the player to import saves from any completed Dragon Age: Origins playthrough. So, while you may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age II, the choices of The Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world. Choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, The Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt will also be imported. The player must import his or her save games in a single chain tracing all the way back to Dragon Age: Origins to be able to import all game data (i.e. rather than two separate transfers from Origins/Awakening to the respective DLC).

So yeah its going to be 1 save to import but it has to be a chain going back to origins.
#9Fayt16Posted 3/1/2011 12:17:17 PM
When you say chain you mean something like this?

Dragon age origins save went to awakenings which went to golem which in turn goes to witch hunt.

So for DA2 I would import the last save? the one from witch hunt?
---
SSF4 Main: Juri. MvC3 Main: Zero, Hulk, Dormammu
PSN: YuukiFayt