Merrill Guide

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. Merrill Guide

User Info: Vinceisg0dd

Vinceisg0dd
5 years ago#1
Hi there,

Can anyone direct me to a good Merrill guide with tactics, gear and such? I have respecced her a bunch but can't seem to find out what I should really be doing with her.

Thanks.

User Info: mareo

mareo
5 years ago#2
Try to read these thread:

"need help with merril and anders how do i make them powerful"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988968-dragon-age-ii/58749928

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
5 years ago#3
Merill Guide:

1) Max out personal tree
2) Get "Blood magic: 1 more mana per HP" staff, belt, neck, rings
3) Pump Con
4) ????
5) Lol, blood mage that gets 7 mana per HP and has a massive AoE stun with huge damage.

For extra lulz, use her enemy pull to gather enemies up, then her AoE stun to keep them all in place and get them low on health, then Walking Bomb (Virulent for turbolulz) one of the tougher mooks and focus-fire to finish it off.

User Info: No_Mega

No_Mega
5 years ago#4
You can have a warrior cause staggers constantly on enemies. Merril can use upgraded chain lightning or crushing prison to get good results. Also, the entropy tree is very useful against tough opponents. Make sure Merrril takes some sustainable magic spells if she's using blood magic.

If you have a warrior or rogue with talents that attack brittle enemies, a fully upgraded elemental tree can be quite nice (a bit hard to use on Nightmare, though.) Her personal tree is good, but I've only been using blood magic from it, and getting lots of good talents elsewhere. Feel free to experiment a bit.

Vinceisg0dd
5 years ago#5
Thanks,

After further experimentation it seems it is my tactics I cannot master, which is one thing I can't really find anywhere.

Anyone mind sharing their Merrill tactics?

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
5 years ago#6
Do yourself a favor and disable tactics. Controlling your characters manually will always achieve better results than a simplistic if-then AI.

Vinceisg0dd
5 years ago#7
I don't really want to disable tactics -_-

I control all of my characters a lot of the time, but I'd like them to have a 'personality' in combat for themselves, too.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

Vinceisg0dd
5 years ago#10
You are a god among men.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. Merrill Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived