I sure hope they correct this before launch

#1aflawedpeacePosted 2/17/2012 10:39:54 AM
In all the videos of GR future soldier I've noticed that your soldiers are wearing empty drop leg holsters. They look completely rediculous. Either place sidearms in these holsters, or remove them completely. I know this is minor, but it really takes away from the immersion IMHO.
#2xXGevanniXxPosted 2/17/2012 7:19:44 PM
I am right there with you that bothers me so much.
#3krymsonreignPosted 2/17/2012 8:12:07 PM
It is minor, but i noticed this as well... I'm hoping they add the side arms
#4175PJPosted 2/19/2012 6:37:15 AM
I say do away with them. Put the pistol on the carrier.
#5GambitbuzzkillPosted 2/19/2012 10:32:43 AM
aflawedpeace posted...
In all the videos of GR future soldier I've noticed that your soldiers are wearing empty drop leg holsters. They look completely rediculous. Either place sidearms in these holsters, or remove them completely. I know this is minor, but it really takes away from the immersion IMHO.

Your joking right I really hope so
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#6Danny_1993Posted 2/20/2012 7:22:36 AM

I hadn't noticed this but now I have and it annoys me

Damn you! But nice find

#7MRL3G3NDPosted 2/20/2012 9:56:40 AM
this is one of the things I loved about the GR series in the past. Since it was tom clancy ubisoft made sure all those little details of everything was as close as it could get. Therefore people with real life knowledge of weapons and gear could use that as a reference to the game. It's almost like you had a one up on people.

Say for instance, you know the L85 has a high rate of fire, but may lack the accuracy of the m16...it would be reflected in the game, and we would have debates about which weapon was better for what situatuation...tom clancy meant if it was in the game...it was in the game.

Now I fear that these debates will have to disappear because they've taken a lot of "creative licenses". If they make believe a bunch of stuff you really can't complain that something is not right.

It does look like they have made a turn for the better though...I thought they were going worse than GRAW, but it looks like what the next GRAW would be
---
Tactical Gaming At Its Best!!!!
Battlefield 3 SHOTGUN FUN(K)!!! http://youtu.be/Sj8HN2kkeA4
#8aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 12:01:21 PM
Gambitbuzz66 posted...
aflawedpeace posted...

Your joking right I really hope so

Why would I be joking? I feel that this is something ubisoft needs to fix. If you're not going to place a sidearm in the holster, then don't include it.

As a combat veteran, whenever we were in full battle rattle our sidearm holsters had the standard 9mm beretta in them. Unless you were clearing/loading your weapons at the clearing/loading barrel, your side arm holster was not empty.

And before you ask, we never got into a situation where we HAD to use our sidearms. If did it meant s*** went downhill real quick. We carried seven magazines that held 30 rounds for our M4s. It would mean we either ran out of ammo, or the enemy got way too close for our berettas to be effective.
#9SoonerSteinPosted 2/21/2012 4:21:45 AM
Wow, I really hope developers spend more time on refining the gameplay aspects than listening to the internet veterans out there. This is one of the most stupid complaints I think I have ever read.
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 2/21/2012 8:09:33 AM
I think to call a complaint "stupid" is stupid; just because you don't understand something doesn't make it stupid, it makes you ignorant.
---
Tactical Gaming At Its Best!!!!
Battlefield 3 SHOTGUN FUN(K)!!! http://youtu.be/Sj8HN2kkeA4