Gunsmith - will it live up to the previews?

#1Danny_1993Posted 2/18/2012 4:22:35 PM

Like most people I saw the Gunsmith Trailer at E3 last year and my jaw dropped at how impressive it looked (if you didn't catch it it's on YouTube)

But do you think it will be as fluid and fun as it looked? Because that firing range gameplay just looks incredible

#2xXGevanniXxPosted 2/20/2012 2:06:53 PM
I do not have a worry in the world about the gun smith. I was reading a OXM at my local food store and I was reading about the gun smith in the artical they had about the game. They said that it is so in depth and fluid that you could change everything from the scope you have on your gun to how strong or how weak the trigger pull is on your gun. (And anyone who knows anything about firearms knows how importent Trigger pull is)
#3kingoftheswordPosted 2/26/2012 1:21:38 AM
xXGevanniXx posted...
I do not have a worry in the world about the gun smith. I was reading a OXM at my local food store and I was reading about the gun smith in the artical they had about the game. They said that it is so in depth and fluid that you could change everything from the scope you have on your gun to how strong or how weak the trigger pull is on your gun. (And anyone who knows anything about firearms knows how importent Trigger pull is)

In real life trigger pull is important, in a game where we don't make contact with the trigger it would hardly matter. Its not like if we adjust the trigger pull our controller's trigger will actually stiffen or loosen up
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?
#4AquaF1endPosted 2/26/2012 10:41:43 AM(edited)

In real life trigger pull is important, in a game where we don't make contact with the trigger it would hardly matter. Its not like if we adjust the trigger pull our controller's trigger will actually stiffen or loosen up

No, but since the triggers on the 360 controller are pressure sensitive, it could be adjusted so either the trigger has to be pulled all of the way down, barely pulled down, or anywhere in between before the gun fires. This would be a great feature.

Of course, I don't know if this is how it works in the game though. Knowing Ubisoft they would probably just make it cosmetic and not have any other purpose.
---
XBL Gamertag - AquaF1END
#5VexNoFacePosted 3/3/2012 4:19:26 PM
Trigger Reset for semi's would also be cool. Very light trigger pull, very short reset would = extremely fast semi automatic fire with some practice.
---
VexNoFace likes it rough.
If you're 25 or older and want a group of relaxed adults to play BF3 with, pm me
#6Silent RavenPosted 3/4/2012 10:26:59 AM
It was the most impressive tech demo for the Kinect I've seen. My question is will Ubisoft just streamline it, or will the extra stuff really matter? I mean, a gun that's built for range, will be good at close quarters too. It would seem logical everyone will get the fastest shooting gun, and make it do the most damage possible and with the least amount of spread possible.
---
Believe.
#7pweidmanPosted 3/4/2012 2:12:51 PM
You guys need to watch the gunsmith youtube. Excellent info there and all the attachments seem to affect the gun and the way it shoots...not only cosmetic at all, except the camo choice of the stocks I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvVAbCaz_A&feature=player_embedded
#8Rhett817Posted 3/5/2012 1:53:24 PM
Yeah, it looks and sounds fantastic.

I really love the instant firing range option. An excellent idea with how many customization choices you have.
#9Danny_1993(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 8:09:00 AM

Thanks for the link =D