So they took Ghost Recon....

#1TightNinjaPosted 4/16/2012 7:22:47 PM
And turned it into a COD clone....wow. i had this game pre-ordered for over two years. I was hoping for a GRAW 2 with better frame rate and better graphics with a cover system for each player online or off.

Instead we get 6 vs 6 multiplayer, no split screen whatsoever (except for Guerilla which has no matchmaking). Less co-op game modes and less multiplayer game modes.

How did it come to this?!! 5 years in the making and this is all we get? This game was delayed for two years and what did they add to it? Nothing! Granted it looks better and has a better frame rate but that is about it. Everything that made GR awesome and different is just about gone.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
Today's FPS gamer - If it kills me it must be overpowered so I will whine until the developer removes it!!! i.e Black Ops
#2RedFive3Posted 4/16/2012 7:24:45 PM
Then don't buy it. Oh, and this looks and plays nothing like CoD.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#3mD_atheistPosted 4/16/2012 7:40:40 PM
TightNinja posted...
And turned it into a COD clone....wow. i had this game pre-ordered for over two years. I was hoping for a GRAW 2 with better frame rate and better graphics with a cover system for each player online or off.

Instead we get 6 vs 6 multiplayer, no split screen whatsoever (except for Guerilla which has no matchmaking). Less co-op game modes and less multiplayer game modes.

How did it come to this?!! 5 years in the making and this is all we get? This game was delayed for two years and what did they add to it? Nothing! Granted it looks better and has a better frame rate but that is about it. Everything that made GR awesome and different is just about gone.

Your first statement just screams dumb, CoD clone lol.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#4eleventhpowerPosted 4/16/2012 7:43:38 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Then don't buy it. Oh, and this looks and plays nothing like CoD.
#5bsballa09Posted 4/16/2012 8:29:49 PM
When you don't know what you're talking about, call it a COD clone.
---
The answers will come. It's the asking that starts a revolution.
#6Strakadh_OFPosted 4/16/2012 10:30:50 PM
bsballa09 posted...

Agreed.
---
ITT:An Idiot says some things.
GT: lThe Quicknessl [AC5 Confederacy Team Leader]
#7HitmanOnAcidPosted 4/23/2012 8:16:51 AM
bsballa09 posted...

When you like COD and are an idiot, just defend things blindly. This will be a COD clone through and through. No recoil on half the weapons, minimap constantly showing where everyone is so idiots won't feel bad, easy access grenade spamming, and small maps. That right there is COD. This game should not be in tactical, but rather in sci-fi. There is no tactical element rather than camping. Being able to see through walls? Constant minimap showing where everybody is? This is not Ghost Recon and anyone who has played the series will be able to tell you that.
#8taraundergroundPosted 4/23/2012 8:28:32 AM
bsballa09 posted...

^This^

Plus how can you say they have added nothing... how about a full cover system that is up there on par with the Gears cover system (which is no mean feat considering Gears has the best cover system out there and every 3rd person shooter has been trying to rip it off unsuccessfully since they released that game)
#9CheeseSprayPosted 4/23/2012 8:41:49 AM
I can't speak to how similar this game is or isn't like other ghost recon games because I haven't played them. If you feel that this game strays too far from that formula and are upset by that, you have my condolences.

However to say that this is a COD clone is kind of stupid. Don't fly off the handle either, as I'm not calling you stupid, just the comparison. I don't see why everyone keeps comparing this to COD. You say because the guns have no recoil it's a COD clone? That's crazy. Just because you can get rid of recoil on guns with attachments doesn't mean this game plays like COD. And to be honest, grenades are way crazier spamfests in this game than in COD. I wish the grenades were more like COD. Then they would stop falling in my lap.

Just because a lot of people new to this series are running and gunning while playing just one game mode does not make this a COD clone. Wait until the full release is out to make that distinction. In the meantime check yourself before you wreck yourself.
---
XBL: Cheesiespray
#10Pacman2dxPosted 4/23/2012 8:46:26 AM
This game to me feels a bit more akin to SOCOM rather than COD.

Ya know since COD is a FPS and GR is a TPS .. besides COD is not even the pinnacle of shooters, Counter Strike still beats it in every regard ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
~ Patron Saint .. are we all lost like you?