Honest opinions of this game?

#1ReeGPosted 4/30/2012 9:05:18 AM
I totally forgot this game is coming out until today's poll and just curious to hear how it is from people who've played the demo. FPS games to me are a dime a dozen these days and even my favorite ones don't get a whole lot of play time due to how many good games are out. Just wondering if this is a genre changer or must play or just another dime a dozen FPS that will be forgotten soon after release.
Without going into too much detail, how do you see this game being generally received and will it be a must play? Is this going to make MW3 or BF3 lose players or is this going to be a niche game with a small player base?
---
Currently Playing : The Witcher 2, Trials Evo, SSFIV: AE, Forza 4, BF3
XBL - ReeGee
#2jonnybravoPosted 4/30/2012 10:26:36 AM
If I don't compare it to GR2 and SS, I like it a lot. Can be a bit fast paced at times, and a bit too cramped. Looking forward to playing some siege, but with grenades like they are, that might be a bit of a cluster eff.
---
Be on the look out for crop dusters.
#3CountDogPosted 4/30/2012 10:49:52 AM
I'm liking it a lot right now, my mind was set on getting dragons dogma, but after playing the beta, im really looking for to this game now, action is fun,a lot quicker then previous titles. The guns are all awesome to screw with and every bullet still looks like a distant tracer but just close up.
---
http://kinomania.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
http://verleih.polyfilm.at/how_arnold_won_the_west/arnold%20thumbs%20up.jpg
#4mD_atheistPosted 4/30/2012 11:17:48 AM
Im having a lot of fun with the beta. when it come to the community, i doubt it will be very large but i also doubt it will die quickly. games like this usually have a smaller community but it will last at least a couple years. you wont have trouble finding games or anything after its been out for a year.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#5BryanPS360Posted 4/30/2012 11:50:36 AM(edited)
I think its good. It looks nice and plays well for the most part. Teamwork is a necessity. Don't expect to just Rambo your way to victory.

But the main thing that sets this apart from the FPS genre... is the fact that this is a TPS!!!!

*mind = blown*
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#6nicko12312Posted 4/30/2012 11:51:48 AM
it's OFF THE HOOK super mega good. IMHO.
#7RedFive3Posted 4/30/2012 12:03:22 PM
So far, so good.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#8PsychoDrama1Posted 4/30/2012 12:26:59 PM
Awesome. NOT for COD fans though. You will get wrecked without teamwork and just running out in the open. Plays like a mash up between Rainbow Six: Vegas series and the last couple of GR games. Some network issues that hopefully will be ironed out though.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#9Alcoholic59Posted 4/30/2012 12:37:50 PM
Loved Ghost recon advance warfighter....hated the beta for this game. But then again games like it helps when you play the single player first to get a layout
#10kingoftheswordPosted 4/30/2012 1:38:36 PM
mD_atheist posted...
Im having a lot of fun with the beta. when it come to the community, i doubt it will be very large but i also doubt it will die quickly. games like this usually have a smaller community but it will last at least a couple years. you wont have trouble finding games or anything after its been out for a year.

People are still playing GRAW 2 after being out for 5 years. Although I dont see this game having the same staying power that GRAW 2 has. They removed a lot of the stuff people liked and they removed a lot of the multiplayer options so unless its changed I dont know
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?