Pistols?

#1redorblue88Posted 4/30/2012 6:29:48 PM
I havent heard much talk about the handguns in the game? Are they any good? And more importantly can you use gunsmith on them. I havent seen anyone use them or customize them in videos.
---
Top 5 games: (1) MGS4, (2) Red Dead Redemption, (3) Batman AC, (4) Shadow of the colossus, (5) Shenmue
#2SeijiHitoPosted 4/30/2012 7:21:30 PM
you can use gunsmith on them and they are pretty nice if you have a nice trigger finger and good Accuracy you will do well.
#3kingoftheswordPosted 4/30/2012 7:35:19 PM
You can customize them a little bit, not as much as the other firearms though. They aren't too bad with the match trigger although they aren't as good as they could be
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?
#4dragonomenPosted 5/1/2012 11:43:02 AM
They're not bad. They have pretty good left trigger accuracy so you don't have to use the sights, and they let you be quick on your feet.

Soldiers and Engineers might not have much use for them, but I think they're really useful for Recons going out with sniper rifles.

It also feels like pistols have much better left trigger accuracy than a Recon's SMG.
#5MRL3G3NDPosted 5/1/2012 12:04:28 PM
I emptied a whole clip into a guy and he didn't die...maybe higher ranked pistols are stronger...but until you get up to those ranks you are better off folling wiht the stun gun.

If you hit with the stun gun engagement over...if you have to empty 11 trigger pulls and they may or may not survive...the choice is simple
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#6kingoftheswordPosted 5/1/2012 1:53:24 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I emptied a whole clip into a guy and he didn't die...maybe higher ranked pistols are stronger...but until you get up to those ranks you are better off folling wiht the stun gun.

If you hit with the stun gun engagement over...if you have to empty 11 trigger pulls and they may or may not survive...the choice is simple

Yeah, I shot a guy about 12 times last night at close range before he died. Don't know how the hell he didn't kill me. Other times Ive had 2 kills with 1 magazine at like 15-20 feet so I have no idea what is up with the pistols.
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?
#7Jaeger13Posted 5/1/2012 4:28:01 PM
kingofthesword posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

Yeah, I shot a guy about 12 times last night at close range before he died. Don't know how the hell he didn't kill me. Other times Ive had 2 kills with 1 magazine at like 15-20 feet so I have no idea what is up with the pistols.

it's lag...i've encountered it as well. had one game where i unloaded an assult rifle clip into him switched to pistol and unloaded another two or three clips. then for some reason i die, but i get credited with the kill.
---
gt: Jaeger00013
Come to the dark side...we have cookies!!!
#8SterlingFoxPosted 5/1/2012 4:47:29 PM
Balancing pistols seem to be something most games fail miserably at. They're usually either a super wall penetrating hand-cannon or a worthless short range pee-shooter.

But I think their strength is appropriate in this game when compared to the other guns. Maybe they could stand to make them a little stronger, but overall they actually feels like a side arm as opposed to a main weapon.
---
''Were it so easy.''
MGO = Captain Deadman
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 5/2/2012 11:58:00 AM
A pistol is basically ineffective at 50m+
It's semi auto
it takes time to switch to it
the calibur is weak compared to primary weapons
so theres no way people could run around and have a fair chance a against assault rifles and LMGs

3-4 shots to the torso should kill or at least incap people
1 shot to the head should kill people
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#10Bristow84Posted 5/3/2012 3:59:40 PM
I've found them to be worthwhile weapons if you need a few shots to kill a guy after your AR runs out. Beyond that, I don't know
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || ATI RADEON 6670HD 1GB || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain