Uplay pass. Worth buying?

#1ChomelettePosted 3/18/2013 10:14:08 AM
For tl;dr, jump to the last two paragraphs.

I can't find a new copy of this game at a good price on my country, and PAL UK isn't translated to my language, even the texts, so I was thinking of buying an used copy and purchasing the UPlay thing, but I'm not really impressed about what I'm reading: no local co-op, the online co-op and the guerrilla mode only by invitation, horrible lag on multiplayer (p2p srly)...

So I wanted to know if buying a Uplay pass is really worth it. I have red something about Ubisoft fixing the laggy online, but I don't go believing everything I read on the internet. ┐Have they really fixed something since the game came out or is the online almost unplayable, as I'm reading everywhere?

And the same as always: if people still plays this online and blah blah blah...
---
Don't camp, move slowly
Oook!
#2sknmakPosted 3/18/2013 2:29:50 PM
IMO hell no do not purchase this game for online play. Buying a online code for this is a waste of money. Basically you've pointed out a lot of the problems with this game. The solo campaign is decent, but some missions are time based. Even after updates the online can still be a laggy mess....more like a piece of s***. It's not random either....it's every other game and I'm running fiber optic 20mbps down and damn near 7mbps upload. The lag is 100x worst than CoD and that's extremely bad.

After awhile this game will become very boring mostly thanks to Ubi. Guerrilla Mode wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. The lack of matchmaking for Guerrilla Mode just screams laziness on Ubi part. People cried and pleaded for a matchmaking system and Ubi still didn't include it and had the worst excuses ever.

You must connect to Uplay everytime you start up the game and if the servers are down you CANNOT PLAY anything online. No excuses and no questions asked.

The single player is decent. The online maps are small and the player count is only 6vs6. The games gives both teams to much info making it easy to see people through walls. Suppression doesn't always work [at least it didn't effect me as much]. The online graphics were pretty bad for a game released in 2012. The weapon customization is very very nice, but the gameplay is so bad that it's not even worth playing. Mostly thanks to lag. The map layouts are better than some of the latest CoD maps for sure, but very obvious and smaller than usual. This game had so much POTENTIAL, but failed pretty hard in my opinion. As you can see this board is just about dead and so is the game. I suggest you put your money towards something else unless you REALLY REALLY want this game. This title is nothing like the previous titles.

Just go to youtube or goolge and search for "Ghost Recon Future Soldier lag"
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#3Chomelette(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:42:16 PM
Ok, thanks, I will start searching a used copy.

If anything, I will try Ghost Recon Online on PC.
---
Don't camp, move slowly
Oook!
#4WOT BSPosted 4/1/2013 2:37:44 AM
Chomelette posted...
Ok, thanks, I will start searching a used copy.

If anything, I will try Ghost Recon Online on PC.

sorry you missed the boat... this game was awesome at release and months after. next time jump on it
---
GT: Extract Hz
#5ilikestufPosted 4/4/2013 6:18:37 AM
This game is loaded with bugs. In single-player campaign, constantly stuck on a level because your squad member decides that he would rather go prone (and do nothing) than re-group at the exit. You can't finish the level, even though you've finished the level! This bug has been referenced numerous times on the Ubisoft forums. A huge bug, which existed at launch - still around after a few patches (as of 4/2013).

Also, there's a HUGE "Grfs bugs" forum topic on Ubisoft forums - it goes on for hundreds of pages.

It's too bad, really. Without the bugs, it would be an excellent game.
#6WOT BSPosted 4/4/2013 8:10:09 AM
ilikestuf posted...
This game is loaded with bugs. In single-player campaign, constantly stuck on a level because your squad member decides that he would rather go prone (and do nothing) than re-group at the exit. You can't finish the level, even though you've finished the level! This bug has been referenced numerous times on the Ubisoft forums. A huge bug, which existed at launch - still around after a few patches (as of 4/2013).

Also, there's a HUGE "Grfs bugs" forum topic on Ubisoft forums - it goes on for hundreds of pages.

It's too bad, really. Without the bugs, it would be an excellent game.

oh man that happened to me and was absolutely ass. iirc i spent like 20/30 minutes planning my moves, doing recon, watching patterns, generally being a ghost. it was super satisfying making it through the town. ended up getting a friend and we found a mounted machine gun i had missed the first time and ended up just mowing everyone down
---
GT: Extract Hz