Great way to explain the BB universe and its timelines

#11OwlRammerPosted 11/29/2010 11:35:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 11:37:41 PM
. . . . .kinda. . . . .

But it does help other people. Only reason Rachel can look farther is because she is not from the same Dimension as everyone else.
---
Epic topic is epic = http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/57307734?page=4
#13ZetachiDeQuesPosted 11/29/2010 11:43:29 PM
Well it's not that.

I actually understand BB's universe just fine, somewhat. I just watched the video for the hell of it.
It makes sense in theory. Like if I were to do something right now like fling my arms like a madman, it could create different paths in time. (?) Such that what if I went back and didn't fling my arms about, or if I went back in time killed myself then continue living on as the guy I just killed. (?)

Ugh, making my head hurt. I am not a relative science type of guy.
But yeah 5-7 kicked my ass pretty hard. It's like his explanations started speeding up.

Its a road, that has many forks. As you are now you are constantly moving forward through the 4th dimension, every decision you make is represented by a branching path in the road or a fork. For instance, say Jin kills Noel, the Jin that killed Noel is branched off in a different reality than the Jin that has not killed Noel, however they were the same person up until this point and existed in the same timeline. Up until that point, if Jin went back in time, he would of gone back in time in a straight line, across the 5th dimension, in essence a complete backtrack through this road and Noel would be alive in every possibility up to that event.

This is common time traveling. For the Jin that didn't kill Noel and the Jin that did kill Noel to meet, they need to travel across the next dimension, for they exist within the same temporal dimension but in separate realities. This would be traveling across the 6th dimension.

the 7th is when alternate universes come into play, with different timelines and different branches.

I probably just made it worse didnt I?

:l

---
Neither evil nor bad restaurants shall prosper in this world ! - Shishigami Bang
#14metallic_trancePosted 11/29/2010 11:46:33 PM

I probably just made it worse didnt I?

You actually just explained stuff I already knew.
It's not the theory I'm confused of, it's just the guy's video. Which is essentially explaining what I already know, but it's just that I prefer it in layman's terms.
---
PSN: jandon13 / (BB:CS, SSFIV, SvR2011)
#15Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 11:47:31 PM
"Its a road, that has many forks. As you are now you are constantly moving forward through the 4th dimension, every decision you make is represented by a branching path in the road or a fork. For instance, say Jin kills Noel, the Jin that killed Noel is branched off in a different reality than the Jin that has not killed Noel, however they were the same person up until this point and existed in the same timeline. Up until that point, if Jin went back in time, he would of gone back in time in a straight line, across the 5th dimension, in essence a complete backtrack through this road and Noel would be alive in every possibility up to that event.

This is common time traveling. For the Jin that didn't kill Noel and the Jin that did kill Noel to meet, they need to travel across the next dimension, for they exist within the same temporal dimension but in separate realities. This would be traveling across the 6th dimension. "

LOL, that is the Jin from CT. Think of it like that. But no, more than one of the SAME person CAN exsit in the same dimension, but they need to either be able to comperhend it or just be that strong (Hazama/Haku-Men)
---
Epic topic is epic = http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/57307734?page=4
#16Moist_TowlettePosted 11/29/2010 11:49:38 PM
Great way to explain the BB universe and its timelines: A Wizard Did It
---
A magician wandered along the beach, but no one needed him.
#17WhatLifeDothPosted 11/29/2010 11:50:45 PM

Great way to explain the BB universe and its timelines: A Wizard Did It

I prefer blaming Meteors.
---
Ai am a Miiaboo!
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/Whatlifedoth/njh.gif
#18Bortthog(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2010 11:52:24 PM
WLD, this is not a Final Fantasy Universe. Meteors have noting to do with it. Not their fault that all the Baddies like to throw them at planets in those Universes.
---
#19WhatLifeDothPosted 11/29/2010 11:53:41 PM

WLD, this is not a Final Fantasy Universe. Meteors have noting to do with it. Not their fault that all the Baddies like to throw them at planets in those Universes.

I see.
---
Ai am a Miiaboo!
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/Whatlifedoth/njh.gif
#20ZetachiDeQuesPosted 11/29/2010 11:56:59 PM
LOL, that is the Jin from CT. Think of it like that. But no, more than one of the SAME person CAN exsit in the same dimension, but they need to either be able to comperhend it or just be that strong (Hazama/Haku-Men)

I was using CT Jin as an example, but I was referring to two Jins within CT. In one loop he kills noel, in another he doesn't. Those two Jins are inheritly different from Haku-Men who came from a timeline where Noel didn't exist at all.

:l
---
Neither evil nor bad restaurants shall prosper in this world ! - Shishigami Bang