Method to find the last cars you need for Auto Fanatic

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. L.A. Noire
  3. Method to find the last cars you need for Auto Fanatic
4 years ago#1
-Go into the vehicle showroom from the "Extras" option at the main menu
-Scroll through to the car you need to find
-Once you have the silhouette of the car you need on the screen, back out to the menu
-Start free roam from any desk
-The car you need should be parked near you or driving by on the road

Here's the theory: The game loads duplicates of the same car models on the screen, just like in the GTA games. You will see more of the car you are driving on the road. When the game loads the car model for the showroom, it will then load duplicates of this same model when you start a case.

It seems not to work for the service vehicles or some of the sports vehicles, but it works great for the 2DR and 4DR vehicles. Try it out!
---
Q1 2011 Worldwide Sales Straight from the Big Three
-------- Xbox 360 - 2.7M | PS3 - 2.1M | Wii - 1.4M --------
4 years ago#2
I've already got the achievement, but if this is confirmed by many people then I'll request it to be a sticky :)
---
Xbox Live GT: OllyKiriyama
Now Playing: The Sims 3, L.A Noire
4 years ago#3
I'll try it tonight, have about 20 or so to go.
4 years ago#4
This was already posted earlier:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988983-la-noire/59310087

I'm going to try it out tonight though! I guess the more it's advertised the better.
4 years ago#5
I think this is a simpler version of the earlier one (i.e. you don't have to go to a specific desk for Free Roam and you don't have to press A at the vehicle silhouette), but it's a nice find by both authors regardless.
---
How can I help, Detective ? Patching you through now .
4 years ago#6
spanishbob posted...
This was already posted earlier:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988983-la-noire/59310087

I'm going to try it out tonight though! I guess the more it's advertised the better.

Ah, I searched the boards for "car" and "auto fanatic" before I posted it. The method is originally from xbox360achievements.org.

But yeah, you don't need to press A at the vehicle showroom or go to any specific desk afterwards. I tried it again now that I have all the cars unlocked. I went to an obscure-looking vehicle in the showroom then went into free roam, and I saw about 5 of them in one block right after leaving the police station. So it is definitely working to some extent.
---
4 years ago#7
I can't believe this works, but it does. Used it to get the Buick Sedanette and the Pontiac Torpedo Six pretty quickly.
---
GT: Ganluan
4 years ago#8
It seemed to work for me. I didn't have to look at the car though. just looking for the last three cars I needed. Just started free roam on vice desk with a knowledge of what the three cars looked like. Upon starting free roam I found one of the cars in the first parking lot right off the bat. Hopped in it and started driving around to look for the other two. Accidently ran into a street crime, did it and right after I finished the cadillac 75 limo was parked right across the street of my waiting police car. Then after driving around for a little longer I found the lincoln zephyr touring driving. I slammed into it and when the driver hopped out I got in.

For some odd reason it does feel that the game "helps" you find the last few cars by spawning them near you in free roam. Except for cars like the Buick Custom that rarely spaen anywhere but outside the boxing arena in "The Setup" Vice case or the International Police Wagon that I only got from the "Bank Job" street crime (homicide I think) as well as the Ford?Buick? Ambulance (the station wagon looking ambulance) which is only found at the Good Samaritans Hospital Landmark. Besides those few vehicles it seems like there is an 'assist' built in.
---
Currently playing- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters, Portal 2, Mortal Kombat & L.A. Noire
--- XBLGT = ShellmanQCM -- PSNID = Shellman704
4 years ago#9
Shellman704 posted...
Ambulance (the station wagon looking ambulance) which is only found at the Good Samaritans Hospital Landmark. Besides those few vehicles it seems like there is an 'assist' built in.

That's where I found my Buick Ambulance, but later on, pretty long after driving the ambulances and a couple reloads later, I saw one driving around on the street with two guys dressed in white inside. I commandeered it and then they were spawning everywhere.
---
4 years ago#10
Got the last five I needed using this method (it was easiest for me in Central with the parking lot across from the police station). Thanks and I requested a sticky.
---
"Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock and scissors cuts paper. Kif, we have a conundrum." - Zapp Brannigan
  1. Boards
  2. L.A. Noire
  3. Method to find the last cars you need for Auto Fanatic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived