What are the best mutation combinations?

#1pinky0926Posted 4/16/2010 9:06:23 AM
Currently I'm using the tiny zombies with potato, turnip and carrot. So that's:

Tiny zombie = fast but weak
+ 2 defense (potato head)
+2 attack (turnip arm)
+ 1 speed (carrot eye)

The good thing is they don't get distracted and they can dodge the stuff the farmer throws. The bad is they die quick. was thinking, what about this?

Giant Zombie:
+3 speed (celery arm)
+2 speed (coffee head)
+ 1 speed (carrot eye)
---
pinky0926 - CE's resident Scotsman. "Only in America."
http://i39.tinypic.com/9rnbex.jpg
#2MegawizardPosted 4/17/2010 6:10:09 PM
Generally it's better to just exclusively use the small ones. Everything else takes way longer and in the case of the Tough ones they get pegged with so much crap on the approach their extra health over the others is basically nulled. For my mutations I use garlic, lima beans, and celery (the biggest bonuses for each stat). The garlic never wilts, so you can pretty much plant that and leave it there.
---
"What happens when 2 rockets collide?"-LostProphet24 on TF2
"one becomes a pot of petunias, the other becomes a sperm whale"-scaredofbears
#3MegawizardPosted 4/17/2010 6:15:12 PM
Although apparently the pirates counter the fast ones, so don't use those for them. XD
---
"What happens when 2 rockets collide?"-LostProphet24 on TF2
"one becomes a pot of petunias, the other becomes a sperm whale"-scaredofbears
#4UndeadAuraPosted 4/20/2010 3:40:48 PM
uhm, do you have to plant the zombies next to the crop or just have the crop planted and plant the zombies where ever
?---
*poke*, sidestep, sidestep, *poke*, sidestep, sidestep, *poke*, ... Sn0o0ze
#5mookiemeister0Posted 4/27/2010 2:42:51 PM
You need to to have the crop planted adjacent to the zombie when you dig up the zombie for the chance of mutation. Also, I noticed that crops that are touching on a corner is still considered adjacent and can cause the zombie to mutate.
#6pinky0926(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2010 5:41:52 PM
Sometimes getting pelted by the thrown things isnt a bad thing. At higher levels when they're throwing things super fast, its good to have a tough zombie walking along at snails pace to take the damage off your little guys.
---
pinky0926 - CE's resident Scotsman. "Only in America."
http://i39.tinypic.com/9rnbex.jpg
#7mookiemeister0Posted 4/29/2010 3:49:23 PM
Right now I'm using the following mutations on my ZomGoblins:
Garlic head +4 attack
Cauliflower hair +4 defense
Turnip arm +2 attack

Does anyone use + speed mutation on their small zombies? I was torn between Turnip and Celery. Celery gives +3 speed, and turnip only +2 attack. Not sure if +speed small zombies are useful or not.