This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Dating Sim?

#1fireinthewrongholePosted 6/8/2010 10:52:05 PM
My friend and I get extremely bored at work a lot of times and during one such moment, we came up with this, which is basically Harvest Moon/Rune Factory x Pokemon. I was bored so I thought I'd just post it again.

Each character would have an elemental affinity. In order to increase each person's affection, you have to capture more pokemon of their corresponding type. You can also buy them presents and trade pokemon with them. And they'd have a favorite pokemon that you have to figure out and give to them in order to win their affection. You'd have rivals for their affections though, so you can't take your time.

In order to progress with them though, you have to trigger events based on their affection level and your personal stats which consists of Confidence, Charm, Intelligence, and Appearance. The more trainers you defeat, the better your Charm gets. The more pokemon you catch, the more your Intelligience increases. The stronger your pokemon get, the higher your Confidence gets. The more contests you win, the more your Appearance stat increases.

The characters are:

Males
Rock (serious gym leader; suffers from too much pressure from the rest of his village)
Flying (carefree and immature gym leader; needs someone to get him to shape up his life)
Ice (cold-hearted gym leader; needs someone to melt his icy heart)
Bug (shy gym leader; needs someone to help him open up)
Dragon (player E4 member; needs someone to get him to settle down)
Steel (confident-shaken E4 leader; needs someone to heal his broken ego)
Poison (evil syndicate leader; needs someone to show him the error of his ways)

Females
Normal (loli gym leader; wants to be taken seriously despite her cute youthful looks)
Psychic (bookworm gym leader; needs someone to show her a world beyond her books)
Ghost (miko gym leader; needs someone to help her calm spirits of angry legendary pokemon)
Fighting (tomboyish gym leader; needs someone who will appreciate her girly side)
Electric (yandere E4 member; needs someone to channel her overzealous affections to)
Ground (spoiled but misunderstood E4 member; needs someone who can understand her)
Dark (evil syndicate leader; needs someone to show her the error of her ways)

If you pick the male character, then:
Rival #1: Weaker type (Helpful male friend who's always looking out for you)
Rival #2: Stronger type (Female tsundere with secret crush)
Champion: Same type as yours (Androgynous character who initially sees you like a younger sibling)

If you pick female character, then:
Rival #1: Weaker type (helpful male childhood best friend who's always been there)
Rival #2: Stronger type (female who's always been jealous of you)
Champion: Same type as yours (Androgynous character who initially sees you like a younger sibling)

Pairing rivals are:
Rock x Normal (girl who wants to be taken seriously meets serious guy; serious guy has girl who looks kiddish to brighten up his day)
Flying x Psychic (carefree guy gets bookworm girl to lighten up; bookworm girl gets guy interested in studying pokemon)
Bug x Fighting (shy guy meets spunky girl)
Dragon x Electric (guy who gets a different girl per week meets a very persistent girl)
Ice x Ground (cold-hearted guy starts to care for a girl no one seems to really care about)
Poison x Ghost (girl who's closely connected to spirits of pokemon gets evil guy to understand why his actions are wrong)
Rival #1 x Dark (evil girl finds forgiveness in a caring boy)
Steel x Rival #2 (formerly arrogant guy gets rude awakening from tough girl)

Once you win them over and pick your guy/girl, they can move into your house permanently (more on this later) and they can accompany you whenever you wish as a double battles partner. You can also befriend people of the same gender (without the romance) and get them to move in with you as a roommate. They can also accompany you for double battles as well.
#2WordPressPosted 6/8/2010 10:53:49 PM
i think this is a bad idea.
---
#3fireinthewronghole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 10:54:00 PM
Of course, how the game progresses would be reworked in order to make it so that you can conveniently woo whoever you want without being limited. I won't get into that though.

Anyway, the other aspect is being able to buy your own brand new house.

Basically, like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory, you'd be able to buy your own house in the game. You can choose any city in the game to build it on. It would have customizable interiors like the secret bases, a machine to heal your pokemon, a PC, other useful gadgets, and even a kitchen to make poffins, juice, etc. Outside, you'd have a lot to plant apricorns and berries, and a place where your pokemon can roam and it can serve the same function as the Day Care Center. Of course, it wouldn't start like that. You'd have to purchase upgrades to get your house there. JessicaStarr suggested the following:

Stage 1 - It's a simple little house that lets you have 1 pokemon roam and a free place to rest! You can decorate it and let the pokemon relax in the small garden.

Stage 2 - The house gets a second floor and can now sport a pokemon center computer so you can transfer pokemon as you wish. Now it's usable like a pokemon center. Now you can have 2 pokemon roam.

Stage 3 - The house gets a basement where trainers show up to challenge you to battles. It's now essentially a large house. Your 2 pokemon that roam now level and can breed like it's a daycare center.

Stage 4 - There are a few extra rooms and you have a double garden. Second there is tall grass growing in your garden with a small camera that shows the outline of a random pokemon that changes every day. It has the effect of the trophy garden from D/P/PT. In essence 4 pokemon in a free daycare. chance to have 2 eggs from it and lets put a nest where the egg will pop up.

Now to be able to buy the upgrades you need to do some things. Like Stage one is unlocked after you save a carpenter or something from the villains. S2 is able to be bought after you're a champion. S3 is like that region's Dex filled or you beat the elite four 10 times. S4 would be the other qualification you didn't do for S3.

Example: You beat the elite four 7 times so far and you're missing like 3 pokemon from the region's dex. You can choose to beat the elite four 3 more times or capture/trade/breed the last 3 pokemon. You chose to capture the last 3 and you unlock level 3 as an upgrade. And level four after 3 more elite four victories.

Now...the idea of buying another villa crossed my mind. 1000 Poke would be the base cost. But, it's cost doubles every time you get a new villa. So to get say 6 villas you'd need 63000 Poke. Same with every upgrade. So you make all villas level 2 which costs 5000 at base. 315000 Poke. Then stage 3 is the max you can have every villa and it costs a base of 10000 Poke. That's another 630,000 Poke. Where the final cost of a level 4 is 25000 Poke.

Like that, you have a reason to stick with one villa until later in the game. Even then you still have one main villa if you get that much cash...some how.

Also to go back to the top. By roam I mean every so often the pokemon will have like a random item in their "treasure box" but it takes several hours for it to show up. Shorter if the pokemon has pick up. They don't gain levels until stage 2. And don't breed until stage 3. Stage 4 just allows for twice the breeding ability.
#4fireinthewronghole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 10:55:16 PM

i think this is a bad idea.

Like I said, it's not like I'm serious about the idea at all.
#5Alchemic_BankaiPosted 6/8/2010 10:56:35 PM
Haven't you posted this same thread like 5 times already?
---
According to Pokemon, if you (being White/Mexican) were have a baby with the Asian girl while smelling Black Incense you would have a Black child. -Apeman1813
#6blaziken9190Posted 6/8/2010 10:57:49 PM
So in this sim, do I get to do Cheryl?
---
Heart Gold: Brad 5371-3108-1975
Badges: 16/Pokedex: 344 seen, 269 obtained/Stars: 3/Hours: 76
#7fireinthewronghole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 10:58:58 PM
^ You must be obsessing over my topics a little too much to imagine seeing them that much. I've created one single topic about this.
#8fireinthewronghole(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 10:59:57 PM

So in this sim, do I get to do Cheryl?

Our suggestion was that new region with all new characters.
#9Alchemic_BankaiPosted 6/8/2010 11:02:02 PM
^ You must be obsessing over my topics a little too much to imagine seeing them that much. I've created one single topic about this.

Really, I could've sworn you've posted this at least two seperate times before. Oh well.
---
According to Pokemon, if you (being White/Mexican) were have a baby with the Asian girl while smelling Black Incense you would have a Black child. -Apeman1813
#10blaziken9190Posted 6/8/2010 11:02:41 PM
Our suggestion was that new region with all new characters.

Fair enough... I'm going back to Sinnoh.
---
Heart Gold: Brad 5371-3108-1975
Badges: 16/Pokedex: 344 seen, 269 obtained/Stars: 3/Hours: 76