This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do TM's and HM's actually work in the Pokemon world?

#1Flash2BeasleyPosted 10/22/2010 1:35:36 AM
They're called Technical Machines and Hidden Machines. So what exactly are they, and how do they work?

Also how are you able to store Pokemon on a computer if they're living creatures and not data, in the Pokemon world?
#2JaycejaPosted 10/22/2010 1:46:19 AM
pokemon worlds technology seem to have the ability to convert matter into some sort of energy/data to store it or something, and its via that that pokeballs work, and the same thing works with PCs
this technology seems to revolve around a common genetic property of pokemon that humans do not have(pokeballs dont work on people). This can be linked to mew being seen as the ancestor of all pokemon, which then can be seen to have been created by arceus who was the god.
Given the supposed powers of arceus, and the psychic abilities of mew, it is likely that either of those paranormal abilities are the genetic base for the ability to transform from matter into data/energy, and the pokemon world technology is simply a way to take advantage of and control this power that pokemon seem not to have control over

TMs seem to do a similar thing in reverse, using said data/energy to alter said energy/data to give the pokemon new abilities when it is materialized
#3ssbmchanpPosted 10/22/2010 1:50:20 AM
*************************************** pretty good for makin **** up
#4DinViesel_IVPosted 10/22/2010 1:52:03 AM
Well, the FR/LG sprites made them look like discs of some sort. Must be something to do with installing data, I'd like to know this myself, actually.
---
Wake up in the morning feeling like Din Viesel...
#5I_Wanna_CookiePosted 10/22/2010 2:31:21 AM
Pokemon trainers basically shove discs violently into their Pokemon's head.
#6ljobenzaPosted 10/22/2010 2:52:06 AM
^^^ What he said.
#7KiniestPosted 10/22/2010 3:32:49 AM
Me: Eeeeeveeeee! I have a surprise!

Eevee: Squee!

Me: Here you go!
*Shoves disc violently into his head*
*blood is gushing out of eevee*
Me: Now you know cut! Weeeee! Aren't you happy?

Eevee: ...
Me: Eevee?
Eevee: ...
Me: *GASP* ...

He's Hibernating!
---
Roxas : Don't die! Who else will I have ice cream with?!
Current Persona: PHOENIX WRIGHT! ACE ATTORNEY!
#8CSCCPosted 10/22/2010 3:34:56 AM
Pokemon trainers basically shove discs violently into their Pokemon's head.

by grinding it on them

---
-Robot dinosaurs might be useful... You have my authorization!
-Autobots TRANSFORM-not you Bumblebee, Stay here.
#9KiniestPosted 10/22/2010 3:35:47 AM
My REAL Thesis:

The disc is stored into a machine that you ironically carry around, and you ask your pokemon to stare at the screen.

As you brainwash it, you snap, and it learns the move after watching the exercise girls on TV.
---
Roxas : Don't die! Who else will I have ice cream with?!
Current Persona: PHOENIX WRIGHT! ACE ATTORNEY!
#10Meech55Posted 10/22/2010 3:36:43 AM
I think it's an instructional video, so like they force their Pokemon to watch it on a laptop or something.
---
I have no signature.