This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a legitimate way to catch Deoxys?

#1SpinoRaptor24Posted 2/3/2011 1:48:26 AM

I really detest how so many Poke'mon are next to impossible to catch.

#2Drako42092Posted 2/3/2011 1:53:09 AM
No Deoxys is an event only pokemon. Pokemon likes to keep some pokemon for event only to limit there use. Pokemon that are chosen not to be released in games like Deoxys and mew ,etc are all in the Uber Tier. That alone explains there power. I really dont know how to sum this up but alot of the best pokemon are event only
#3HomeRowedPosted 2/3/2011 1:53:39 AM
There were events giving out tickets that would take you to Birth Island so you could catch it in FR/LG/Emerald, but those events are no longer running, obviously. So... I guess no, there's no legitimate way to catch Deoxys anymore.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Birth_Island
---
HOME ROWED
for great justice
#4serenade_betaPosted 2/3/2011 1:55:16 AM
As of now, I think the only ways are Birth Island and Pokemon Ranger. Both are now impossible to get though.
............At least think positively, in tournaments, these event Pokemon are forbidden because not everyone can get them.
#5SpinoRaptor24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 1:58:57 AM

But it's not about competitive battling, it's about catching them all, showing them to your friends and battling them in-game.

#6serenade_betaPosted 2/3/2011 2:08:11 AM
Yeah, I know. Just saying that it could be worse...
Though I wish they gave out a Deoxys on Wi-Fi one day... I only have one from GTS, seemingly legal, but I still want to get one myself...
#7alotorPosted 2/3/2011 3:06:32 AM
Maybe with the new feature of the "Dream World" they will make Deoxys available
#8SpizMackkPosted 2/3/2011 4:02:07 AM
just use action replay, i supply the trade rooms with crap tons of free deoxys for people to use.
#9wutzgoodPosted 2/3/2011 5:33:35 AM(edited)
As of now, I think the only ways are Birth Island and Pokemon Ranger. Both are now impossible to get though.

^if you have emerald and an game boy advance AR you can unlock the deoxys on birth island. he will be no different from one gotten when the event was given out. plus with emerald you can clone him so you can have all 4 forms.

the deoxys may not be legit but there will be no way to tell the difference. it will be legal and able to be used anywhere.
---
"stop whining"
#10Thunder_ArmorPosted 2/3/2011 6:57:28 AM
Gamestop gave out a Deoxys a couple years ago.
---
thunder_armor, you need to learn to respect the community. flaming only creates negativity, something that i don't appreciate. ~ WordPress