This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

3DS Hoenn Remakes?

#1cironenPosted 2/3/2011 9:37:28 PM
Do you think this is what will come next?

I hope so...Sapphire is my all-time favorite game.
I have 100+ hours on that alone, not counting hours played on R/E
Level 100 Regis, Level 100 Kyogre, Level 100 Rayquaza, Level 100 Sceptile
At least 25 Wynauts from Mirage Island haha...

It would be incredible if they made 3DS remakes of those games.
As long as they keep the same song from the credits (I still whistle it all the time, haha)
What do you think could be added?
#2Mariofan15Posted 2/3/2011 9:44:15 PM
Why do people think they'll be remade for the 3DS? They're gonna be 5th Gen games so they'll gonna be made for the DS. It would be just stupid to remake them for the 3DS.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC:3696-5670-3738
HeartGold code:2193-5546-5908(Use this code unless I state otherwise)
#3cironen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 9:47:12 PM
Black and white are fifth generation.
Im sure they will be the last Pokemons for DS.
Pokemon will move up to 3DS probably next year.
#4LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/3/2011 9:49:36 PM
Why do people think they'll be remade for the 3DS? They're gonna be 5th Gen games so they'll gonna be made for the DS. It would be just stupid to remake them for the 3DS.

Why do people think they can't be part of 5th gen while on the 3DS?
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#5Chain_of_FatePosted 2/3/2011 9:52:42 PM
Remaking the gen 3 games seems kinda redundant and unlikely to me tbh. I could understand the ones we had so far for the nostalgia factor but RSE havent been out long enough to warrent remakes.

And then if they did, then what? Remake gen 1 again since its not up to par with the others? Remake all of gen 4 for the 3ds? It's something that in the end would just spiral out of control.

I wouldnt hold your breath for remakes of RSE anytime soon.

:|
---
ITS A GIANT MUSHROOM! MAYBE ITS FRIENDLY!!!!
#6Skull_proPosted 2/3/2011 9:58:18 PM
Only 6/7 years separates R/G/B from their remakes (depending on the region) Ruby and Saphire have already been out for 8 years now. So a RSE remake in mid/late 2012 is far from impossible.
---
-NeoArashi, Challenge Taker since november 11th 2006!
www.youtube.com/neoarashi
#7cironen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 10:00:36 PM
Hoenn would be huge in the nostalgia factor for me at least.
That game got me through at least 20 of my sisters softball tournaments and the same number of long drives for my baseball tournaments.
Some of the best times I ever had haha.
I dont know how nintendo will be able to even handle a new generation, because they would have to remake previous generations so people (like me) would have the opportunity to "catch em' all"
#8Chain_of_FatePosted 2/3/2011 10:07:47 PM
I believe between platinum and HGSS you can catch any pokemon from the first 4 gens.

Anyways my point was that by remaking RSE they put themselves in a cycle that would just be stupidly redundant: Constantly wasting time remaking the older games.
---
ITS A GIANT MUSHROOM! MAYBE ITS FRIENDLY!!!!
#9LinkofHyrule991Posted 2/3/2011 10:08:27 PM
They already put themselves in that cycle by remaking Gens 1 and 2
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#10jayman7Posted 2/3/2011 10:11:25 PM

Gold and Silver = playable on B&W Game Boy with GBC enhancements.
Crystal = for GBC, not playable on B&W Game Boy
Your argument = invalid.

Besides, the DS will die once the 3DS comes out. Yes, it will. Not instantly, but look up the number of first/second-party Nintendo games that came out on the GBA after the DS came out. (Hint: You can count the number on one hand.) Or how about the number of first/second-party Nintendo games that came out on the Gamceube after the Wii came out? (Hint: You can count the number on one finger.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"Game Series 1 is the best because it set the stage for better games!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere