This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Official Uber/UU/OU/BL list?

#1Hinatachan18Posted 2/20/2011 8:57:11 AM
Is there one somewhere maybe official is a bad term but generally accepted etc for Wi-Fi battles and such?
---
But anyways, I can't deny nothing seems more extreme than guys in knee-high boots swinging whips around making homosexual references... ~Alex_09
#2DetroitLolcatPosted 2/20/2011 9:12:32 AM
not yet. There is an Uber list at smogon.com
---
Must beat Pre-Hooktail Pit-Run on TTYD. Previous attempt: Floor sixty-something. I'm getting worse D:
#3kirbydude385Posted 2/20/2011 9:19:06 AM
http://pokemon-online.eu/competitive/Tiers-Explained_31.html
http://91.121.73.228/index.html
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W Boards Clan
German Metal is the best music. People who agree: 5
#4Hinatachan18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2011 3:30:54 PM
So who decides what goes on the ban list? i mean obviously the UU and OU are based on usage but the bans?
---
But anyways, I can't deny nothing seems more extreme than guys in knee-high boots swinging whips around making homosexual references... ~Alex_09
#5freedomstatusPosted 2/20/2011 3:32:56 PM
BL stands for border line, not banned. Unless you're talking ubers
---
Platinum FC: 3439 1877 2024
#6Hinatachan18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2011 3:35:33 PM
Well i'm talking banned from the OU list so yes mainly Uber's i'm just curious as to who decides what's what on the Uber list some of them dont make sense to me others are just ones that i personally love and would want to use
---
#7SaintZetsuPosted 2/20/2011 3:36:08 PM
There is no official list because tiers don't exist.
---
How arrogant do you have to be to quote yourself?-SaintZetsu
PSN:NomTank21
#8EkulYenavedPosted 2/20/2011 3:39:57 PM
So who decides what goes on the ban list? i mean obviously the UU and OU are based on usage but the bans?

After a 'round' of playing the metagame, the people who've earnt a sufficiently high rank on the Smogon server are allowed to nominate Pokémon they think are Uber. After the nominations are done, they all vote, and if anything recieves a supermajority (more than 75% of people who qualified think the Pokémon should be Uber) it's sent packing. So far, very few things have been banned; this gen's Uber list is actually shorter than last gen's.

The current Uber list/ban list for OU is:

Mewtwo
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys-F (Deoxys Attack)
Deoxys-RS (Deoxys Normal)
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
Shaymin-Sky
Darkrai
Manaphy
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom
The ability Inconsistent/Sudden Impulse

You may not have Drizzle Politoed and any Pokémon with the ability 'Swift Swim' on the same team

And some other stuff is claused since it's not obtainable yet. The most important ones are:

Keldeo
Genesect
Meloetta
Custap Berry
Soul Dew
#9ryuksapplePosted 2/20/2011 3:41:55 PM
Well i'm talking banned from the OU list so yes mainly Uber's i'm just curious as to who decides what's what on the Uber list some of them dont make sense to me others are just ones that i personally love and would want to use

Depends on what rules you play by. The vast majority of competitive players play by smogon rules. Smogon does play testing with a selected amount of high ranked players that then vote on if something should be banned.
---
When it's good lighting design - you alone will know.
When it's bad lighting design - everyone will tell you.
#10Hinatachan18(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2011 3:43:16 PM
Ok but see the thing is At least one of those pokemon each gen from what i've read has been one of my favorites. For example I'm a mew fan NOT mewtwo but Mew I think he's adorable and I love using him what I dont get is why they're "banned" and not just "limited" Aka you're allowed one on your team I really dont see having one as making or breaking a challenge I can fully understand Rules saying you can't have 6 Ubers unless your in the Uber league or whatever the match ruleset would be called but to out and out say no or we wont play you I dont get that's why i'm Asking who decides them and why.
---