This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips/Tricks/News/Etc. regarding Pokemon Black/White

#1sa_MUKHA_moPosted 3/4/2011 11:06:08 PM
Could you guys inform me on anything related to this game? Such as Pokemon I should look out for, when I should do certain activities/things in the game, etc.

I honestly made the decision to buy the game just thirty minutes ago. I do not even have a Nintendo DS.. yet (I'm buying one from a friend tomorrow, LOL) I haven't even played Diamond & Pearl yet.

Anyways, anything would be greatly appreciated! Please keep the flames, troll comments, etc. to a minimum.. D:

Oh yeah, and I'm still deciding on which version I'd like to get. Some recommendations would be nice!
---
Chuck Norris grew to Lv. 255.
Chuck Norris wants to forget Tackle, but Chuck Norris can't learn more than 4,000 moves. Add a move to forget Tackle?
#2Pokemon5690Posted 3/4/2011 11:28:27 PM(edited)
Honestly I'd pick up, Pokemon Platinum along with the version your getting, since you missed Diamond and Pearl.
Anyways I would get white it has better exclusives. electric legendary and white forest ( A place where you can catch old Pokemon).
Any info you need on these games is here:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/

And here for platinum:

http://serebii.net/platinum/
#3tenchi1981Posted 3/4/2011 11:19:31 PM
you dont need to pick up pokemon platinum it was a hit or miss kind of game some hate it some love it
if you dont have 2 ds it doesnt even connect to pokemon black or white
---
pearl 3352 5539 9615
#4Pokemon5690Posted 3/4/2011 11:29:12 PM(edited)

you dont need to pick up pokemon platinum it was a hit or miss kind of game some hate it some love it
if you dont have 2 ds it doesnt even connect to pokemon black or white

I know he doesn't, I was just recommending it since it was an awesome game imo.
#5sa_MUKHA_mo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2011 11:28:30 PM
Nice, thanks a lot guys! Now I'm really contemplating on getting the White version.

Also, what about Heart Gold/Soul Silver? What's your take on those?
---
Chuck Norris grew to Lv. 255.
Chuck Norris wants to forget Tackle, but Chuck Norris can't learn more than 4,000 moves. Add a move to forget Tackle?
#6Second_ChancesPosted 3/4/2011 11:30:41 PM
Get Platinum, play it first because the better game deserves to be played first

Then get either White or Black
---
Second Chances sure are great.
It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
#7simpson7Posted 3/4/2011 11:31:21 PM
No, get Black. It's better since you get Black City and there you can battle some strong trainers and help level up your Pokemon. Trust me, you'll need as many extra trainers to battle as you can! Plus, you can buy rare items there that can't be bought in White.
And don't know if you're into a more technological look or urban look....
---
<('.')>
#8tenchi1981Posted 3/4/2011 11:32:18 PM
hg and ss were pretty solid remakes

though some also hate or love it

they are my faverite so far (i have played every pokemon game so far waitign for black and white
pre black and white though they are my #1 will decide after black and white for whats top after that
---
pearl 3352 5539 9615
#9Pokemon5690Posted 3/4/2011 11:36:33 PM(edited)

Nice, thanks a lot guys! Now I'm really contemplating on getting the White version.

Also, what about Heart Gold/Soul Silver? What's your take on those?

Great game. it's a remake of the original, Gold and Silver so it's kinda for nostalgia, but even if you haven't played the originals it's still a great game to play.

More info on HG/SS here:
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/
#10tenchi1981Posted 3/4/2011 11:41:02 PM
platinum are #3 on my list if you want pick up platinum and soulsilver both will give you your moneys worth

my self if i had to choose between one or the other id pick soulsilver (pokemon following you is really cool and it has 16 gyms a decent e4 and decent mini games (also has a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in game

platinum has a kind of fun underground (but unless you have friends to link with in there its just you finding fossiles and items
---
pearl 3352 5539 9615