This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you find Throh in Pokemon Black?

#1HakuMan111386Posted 3/7/2011 2:39:12 PM
I know that he is rare in Black and Sawk is rare in White, but how do you go about finding the patch of grass that moves? Do you have to just keep walking around in the grass or will it eventually show up if you stand there? Also if walking around in the grass is the only way to find the moving grass, will other random Pokemon encounters make the moving grass go away or no?
---
Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
Name: Anthony Diamond FC: 0688 1731 1865
#2Leo_ColtPosted 3/7/2011 2:40:19 PM
It's purely random. Just wait around awhile and it should appear.
#3Majora999Posted 3/7/2011 2:41:11 PM
Just walk alongside the grass for a little while, it's pretty common. It's pretty hard to miss shaking grass as long as your not actually walking through the grass. And if you get into a battle before you get to the shaking patch it'll go away, so hope it's close to the edge.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#4kaonohiokalaPosted 3/7/2011 2:41:51 PM
IMO, the best way to get it is to catch an extra Sawk and offer a trade for Throh on the trade boards.
---
You'd figure with names like BJ and Wang they'd get along fine. -Joe Rogan on BJ Penn and Andy Wang
HG Friend Code: 5199 9319 4304
#5Cod987Posted 3/7/2011 2:42:11 PM
What you can do is walk outside of the grass, the shaking grass will still appear then. And yes, if you get into a random encounter the shaking grass will disappear. Be warned though, you only have about a 5% of finding the opposite fighting type in the shaking grass.
---
This sig is a lie.
#6RetskcajPosted 3/7/2011 2:42:40 PM
Sacrifice a goat under the full moon on a Friday the 13th.

Throh's can only be caught in Black in shaking grass 5% of the time in certain places. So I guess you'd need to stock up on repels and get shaking. (Hurr hurr)
---
PSN and Xbox Live s/n: Retskcaj
#7m_robbinsPosted 3/7/2011 2:46:20 PM(edited)
"Just walk alongside the grass for a little while, it's pretty common. It's pretty hard to miss shaking grass as long as your not actually walking through the grass. And if you get into a battle before you get to the shaking patch it'll go away, so hope it's close to the edge."

^This

Also Audino are more common in rustling grass so it could take a while.

I got lucky and encountered one while training my pokemon against Audino.