This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good battle subway team?

#1AiphremPosted 3/10/2011 8:17:12 PM
So, what team of unova pokemon only would be the best for the battle subway? I have a lot of great teams in SS, but am hesitant at transfering them. Besides, I'd rather make a completely new team. I was thinking:

Hydreigon
Modest/Timid
4 HP; 252 sp. att; 252 Speed
-Dragon pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf
-Dark pulse

Pretty good coverage IMO, and Hydreigon is pretty resistant.

Mienshao
Jolly
Leftovers
4 hp; 252 att; 252 speed
-Hi jump kick
-U-turn
-Stone edge
-Swords dance

I was thinking it might be a good lead, since after one swords dance it's potentially fatal. If it gets too damaged, it can switch out with U-turn and it'll heal upon coming out with regenerator.

As for the last one, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking something bulky with lots of HP, but nothing comes to mind. I'd prefer suggestions from unova only, since I love this gen.
So, any thoughts? Ideas?
---
''You think you've seen everything, and then a f****** samurai slices a bullet in half.''
SS friend code: 0861 7336 0088
#2Aiphrem(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 8:23:44 PM
bump?
---
''You think you've seen everything, and then a f****** samurai slices a bullet in half.''
#3Aiphrem(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 8:42:42 PM
Sigh.... bump again
---
#4infinitexxPosted 3/10/2011 8:45:13 PM
Tyranitar, Excadrill, Ferrothorn.

That last spot can be anything, I just like my new Ferrothorn.
---
This one has forgotten if its heat sink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate ~Blasto
GT:Brave1i1Toaster
#5pink_crobatPosted 3/10/2011 8:48:58 PM
Nah, bro.

You ain't gonna go far with a team like that. How do you deal hax? OHKOs? evasion of all kinds (Double Team, Sand Viel, ect.)? Focus sashers? What about the fact that the subway will start throwing pokemon at you that purposely counter your team? Got dragons? Expect ice moves. and that puny fighting type won't be taking a hit with those defenses. And those moves? Yuck. Don't rely on anything less than 100 acc. moves in the battle subway.

If you want to set something up, keep in mind your lead is your greatest asset. You gotta create an ideal situation for your sweeper to come in and set up. You sweeper must be able to deal with priority, walls, and plain faster 'mons.

Go look up Smogon Platinum Battle Tower teams to get an idea of what's expected of a team. Keep in mind that some strategies no longer work. Tricking for example will usually cause the AI to switch (GASP) defeating the purpose of tricking (to cripple for an easier set up) and possibly giving them a chance to come in and cause havoc later with whatever boost you gave them.

The single biggest advice I can give you though: Look up enemy pokemon movesets. Knowing what you're up against will ensure you make the right choice. Every turn matters in the Battle Subway.
#6Aiphrem(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 8:55:00 PM
I see.... my team in SS was Jolly Outrage banded Garchomp, Then focus sash rock polish tyranitar, then Bold bulky milotic. Got to around 70 with that. I have a feeling that most pokes in this gen weren't made for battle sub. Volcorona, is freakin great, But lacks coverage and can be easily taken out if the opponent leads with rock. Haxorus is a powerhouse, but is rather slow and frail so cannot lead well. Hydreigon is great all around, but lacks stats that make it easily OHKO stuff. I have a feeling i'll need some past gen pokes for this.... god the crap it takes to get the power items.... Good thing my bro found pokerus about an hour after starting the game :P
---