This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am going to hate Sawk until I catch it

#1Samp98518Posted 3/12/2011 9:19:54 PM
Currently in Pinwheel Forest and trying to catch Sawk. I have encountered Sawk four times. The first in my first double battle where it was KO'd, but I got Timber (or however you spell it) so it was ok. The second I learned to not use Leach Seed when trying to catch Pokemon. Reset due to wasted balls. The third was in a double where I literally threw three Great Balls, my one Dusk Ball, and around five Pokeballs at it. Reset after it literally KO'd my whole team. The fourth one the same thing as the third attempt happened. Accept it was in a double battle where the game decided to be a real b**** and have two Sawks at one. I reset once I had thrown my good balls and a few pokeballs. I also went through around 20 battles in that area trying to find it. Anybody have any tips for catching it? I only have acsess to Great Balls and Pokeballs as far as buying goes right now, and a Dusk ball if it is night. But even at one or two HP, a Dusk ball still wouldn't get it.
---
Proud Rank 8 finish as Sampinator in Glitz Pit Season 1
The random of random As said by Dark_Koopatrol at the Marionion year awards 2010
#2Keybored123Posted 3/12/2011 9:20:49 PM
black or white ?

I have Black and he was pretty easy to catch
#3stopjaywalkingPosted 3/12/2011 9:22:11 PM
I have Black too... but really the best way to catch any Pokemon, especially if you severely out level them, is throw out a Munna or Patrat or whatever with Hypnosis, use it, great ball, win. At least up to that point in the game, which is where I am.
#4Strain42Posted 3/12/2011 9:22:17 PM
That's how I felt about Throh.

I was actually able to catch one much sooner than I was expecting to (playing Black)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42
#5AzaneAzerPosted 3/12/2011 9:23:01 PM
do you have a thunderwave by then? Paralyze really helps
#6pkmnpkmnPosted 3/12/2011 9:25:06 PM
I did too until I accidently ran into a shaking patch and found throh...
#7scuuraPosted 3/12/2011 9:25:59 PM
Yep, I caught both Throh and Sawk by Munna's yawn and a regular pokeball. Disliked Throh but loved Sawk, and used him until the sixth gym, whereupon he was replaced by an awesome Excadrill.
---
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
#8Shadow2LifePosted 3/12/2011 9:26:19 PM
Playing Black:

- Really? I caught my Sawk without even obtaining or distributing damage..
---
SS FC: 5028 3463 6271 + BLK FC: 4512 9814 3730 - Shadow
PSN: Shadow-Tam
#9siegeshotPosted 3/12/2011 9:27:20 PM
First time I saw Sawk was in a double battle also, he KO'd 5 of my Pokemon until I finally got the other one down and ... man it was close. He is impressively tough!
---
Frank West needs to be a playable merc character in RE 3DS Mercs. He's covered wars ya know?
#10TyrantKnightPosted 3/12/2011 9:28:55 PM
If I remember correctly, Sawk is more common in Black and can be found in normal grass while Throh is rare can can only be found in shaking grass. I assume it's the opposite in White.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN