This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to tell if a Pokemon is hacked?

#1Nereid_NesaeaPosted 3/15/2011 6:11:29 PM
Is there any way to tell if a Pokemon is hacked?
Also, if I use the action replay to make pokemon shiney or use the gender modifier to make the pokemon a girl/boy will that pokemon come up as hacked?
---
- - - - - -
"I would just like to let everyone know that I am a girl, and I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys." -Red vs. Blue
#2RepostedContentPosted 3/15/2011 6:12:18 PM
If you send out the pokemon and it's something else, that's a hacked pokemon
#3Nereid_Nesaea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2011 6:14:07 PM
What?
---
- - - - - -
"I would just like to let everyone know that I am a girl, and I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys." -Red vs. Blue
#4SlimeStackPosted 3/15/2011 6:15:09 PM
If the Pokémon is hacked properly, then there's no way to tell. If the Pokémon isn't hacked perfectly, then it'll have hidden differences that you can only pick up on with Pokésav and *maybe* the hack detections on PBR and the like. If the Pokémon is hacked horribly then it's a case of looking at wrong stats, wrong Poké balls, wrong place met, etc.
---
Glub glub.
#5Off The HeezyPosted 3/15/2011 6:15:17 PM
If you're a good hacker, there's no way to tell if the pokemon you created is hacked.
---
Diddy Kong Racing Friend Code: 021566 904798 Name: WolfDawg
Pokemn Pearl FC: 1375-3675-7889 Name: WolfDog
#6WallydraiglePosted 3/15/2011 6:15:28 PM
If you didn't catch/breed it yourself then it's hacked.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#7Cecil the RoastPosted 3/15/2011 6:16:29 PM
Nereid_Nesaea posted...
Is there any way to tell if a Pokemon is hacked?
Also, if I use the action replay to make pokemon shiney or use the gender modifier to make the pokemon a girl/boy will that pokemon come up as hacked?

In the end, keep in mind that your pokemon are just data. Little voltage differentials on pieces of silicon. What separates a good from a bad hack is whether or not the game could create such a piece of data on its own without external modification via a computer or AR. People have this notion that all hacked pokemon are somehow "tainted", or not "legit". This is just a matter of perception. With a proper hack, there is no way to tell based on the bits in the cartridge alone. If you check everything, and there are no signs that prove it is a hack, then you still cannot prove that it isn't. Even a pokemon with perfect IVs can be legit. If you received it from someone you trust, you might accept it as that, but if you received it over GTS, it's best to assume otherwise. Still, no way to know for sure. It's always been like this. Most unencrypted digital systems can be easily hacked.
#8Divine_Dragon10Posted 3/15/2011 7:16:57 PM
Use the legality checker on the project Pokemon site, pretty sure that tells you.
---
Pokemon White: Hikari - 1377-6780-5853
Hacker / Cloner Pokesav/Gen ^_^
#9AmeriphPosted 3/15/2011 7:22:12 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
If you didn't catch/breed it yourself then it's hacked.

So if my friend was to trade me a Pokemon I witnessed him catch(such as Cotonee) for a Pokemon he witnessed me catch(such as Petilil), the Cotonee is hacked?

Anyway, it's been said. If the hack is good, then it's undetectable. If it's decent, then there will be subtle differences(such as maybe having 32 IV's in each stat rather than 31--max IV's is 31), but if it's bad, then it'll be something like Reshiram(Black's cover legendary) met at Route 4 at level 12.
---
If I could kill The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, or Justin Beiber, I would kill Justin Beiber. People who agree: 13
#10HowIKnowYouKnowPosted 3/15/2011 7:23:24 PM
Legality Checker won't tell you if it is hacked. It will only tell you if the Pokemon has any incorrect data. The only way to have a truly "Clean" Pokemon is to raise it yourself. Of course you would have to have extreme OCD to care that much.