This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Gen V Team

#1bullfrog_EaglePosted 3/25/2011 12:36:22 AM
Friends,
I like to start the game knowing what team I want to have by the end and knowing sort of how I want them built, by built I mean EVs and natures.
I just got this game a few days ago and I was thinking about which team I would best like to have that consists of all Gen V pokemon, knowing I can just switch for other generations later, I would like to see which teams you would have consisting of only Gen V pokemon. I would also like to see which of the pokemon you think would be worth keeping on your team after adding in other generation pokemon.
My endgame team is currently thought to be:
Serperior (Maybe)
Bisharp
Gigalith
Sawk
Haxorus
Hydreigon
Unfezant (Maybe)

The only reason I would have Unfezant is for fly, and the only reason I would have Serperior is because of starter attachment. Also, Only having one out of Haxorus and Hydreigon may be good because of them both being Dragon types.

So far I have Servine, Gigalith, Sawk, and Tranquill, none of a helpful nature, but reminders of what I want on my team in the end.

These two things are the reason I have 7 instead of 6.

Thoughts? Other teams? Pokemon worth keeping?
---
I have Haar, I don't need Jill, plus, if I really fancy her at the time, I'll take her, so quit foaming at the crotch you weirdos... - SlaveBlade
#2lcfevaPosted 3/25/2011 12:39:36 AM
If you just wanted Unfezant for fly, might as well exchange it for a Rufflet who can learn fly, strength and cut. It also evolves into a Braviary which looks better than Unfezant imo
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2193 6876 6467
#3Milox3Posted 3/25/2011 12:48:10 AM
I wouldn't use Gigalith, Bisharp or Sawk. But Haxorus/Hydreigon will go through anything within the game without problems.
---
Black FC: 5243 1089 8170
#4bullfrog_Eagle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 12:57:31 AM
Ahh. True. More HMs makes a better HM Slave. Thank you.

What would good alternatives be to Gigalith, Bisharp, and Sawk?
---
I have Haar, I don't need Jill, plus, if I really fancy her at the time, I'll take her, so quit foaming at the crotch you weirdos... - SlaveBlade
#5FrozenImplosionPosted 3/25/2011 4:21:52 AM(edited)
Well my ingame team at current is
Samurott
Eelektross
Musharna
Chandelure
Haxorus
Mienshao

So I'd say get Mienshao instead of Sawk and replace gigalith with... anything. Gigalith looks so cool but he really isn't that useful.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~I). I. /\.(. I_I. /\. /. I /~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~I). I. V. ).I"'I. V. \. I \~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
#6sirtyfacePosted 3/25/2011 5:05:57 AM
My team will likely consist of:
Excadrill
Galvantula
Scrafty
Victini
Chandelure
Carracosta

Though I don't really have starter attachment syndrome.
#7Hylian88Posted 3/25/2011 5:42:55 AM
I just beat the elite 4 and my team consists of:

Samurott
Liligant(..beat the entire elite 4 with just her pretty much lol, all my pokemone were underleveled)
Darmantian
Excedrill
Arechops
Eelektross
---
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.