This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon GTS on 3DS

#1ArcasmwithanSPosted 3/29/2011 5:33:05 PM
I have a successful internet connection, but the game can't seem to connect to it. I get error code 52010 and 52011 and I've manually changed the IP several times like the support page at Nintendo has told me to, but still nothing. Also, it says that the game is connected to my DSi, but it asks me if i want to change it over to this system and I tell it yes, it does the little connect thing and gives me a green connection, then like loses it and it turns to red and stops. Then it still gives me that error code. Any ideas?
#2Off The HeezyPosted 3/29/2011 5:37:26 PM
I know this may be an obvious question, but did you connect your 3DS to the internet BEFORE you tried to access the internet on your pokemon game? These are the steps I did exactly.

I set up my internet connection settings on my 3DS, tested it and it was successful. I then started up my pokemon game and went straight to Random Wifi battle. When I first tried to battle, it asked me if I wanted to change my internet settings or something like that. I agreed and it worked. It then let me participate in Random Wifi battles.

Can't tell you anything more. The 3DS actually works A LOT better than my DSi when it comes to the internet. I couldn't connect to my apartments Wifi on my DSi because it said the connection wasn't strong enough. With my 3DS, it rarely ever goes below 3 bars, never below 2 bars.
---
Diddy Kong Racing Friend Code: 021566 904798 Name: WolfDawg
Pokemn Pearl FC: 1375-3675-7889 Name: WolfDog
#3ArcasmwithanS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 5:38:57 PM
yeah, i did. I'll try random matchup though instead of GTS to see if it does anything...
#4darkninja587Posted 3/29/2011 5:40:13 PM
it isnt working because of the problems in japan they need to conserve energy
---
Gts.xxx1oNeWo1fxxx,xxJuicyPancakex
#5ArcasmwithanS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 5:44:47 PM
Is the GTS entirely down? As in there being no way to access it? I used to at least be able to get in sometimes. I can't even get into random matchups. It won't even give me a friend-code anymore because i'm 'not connected,' yet the connection test says it was successful...URGH
#6Off The HeezyPosted 3/29/2011 5:46:35 PM
darkninja587 posted...
it isnt working because of the problems in japan they need to conserve energy

I have no clue what this guy is talking about, I'm literally in the GTS terminal right now.

I don't know what's going on in your game though, TC. I really wish I could help, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to connecting to the internet. All I can do is tell you what I did.
---
Diddy Kong Racing Friend Code: 021566 904798 Name: WolfDawg
Pokemn Pearl FC: 1375-3675-7889 Name: WolfDog
#7ArcasmwithanS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 6:01:58 PM
I think i figured it out, I can't be using an internet with WPA security, I need WEP security in order to do it. What's weird though, is that on my DSi, I was able to use this internet just fine for the GTS and the Wifi Club. I guess I'll have to wait until I get off work. This is silly and retarded. Nintendo, what are you doing to me! Crushing my dreams of getting a Froslass!
#8RoobitysuPosted 3/29/2011 6:08:46 PM
I got in there no problem on my 3DS. Had to have wireless on and had my internet configured, obviously :P
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
Loving one Generation dearly but hating another with a passion is really silly.
#9QuantumMechonisPosted 3/29/2011 6:23:56 PM
I thought the 3DS allows you to use WPA security as well as WEP? I know the original DS and DS Lite only support WEP encryption.
---
"It is my cry that wakes you in the night, and my body that crouches in the shadow. I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet that dances to my tune..."
#10ArcasmwithanS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 8:15:20 PM
Quadraxis6532 posted...
I thought the 3DS allows you to use WPA security as well as WEP? I know the original DS and DS Lite only support WEP encryption.

It says as far as using DS software, it has to be WEP. I can use 3DS games with WPA or WEP, but it won't let me use Pokemon on a WPA connection