This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dream World Eevee Evolution FAQ (better late than never)

#1AbyssHuntedPosted 3/29/2011 6:50:13 PM(edited)
Why? Because I felt like helping people.

Q. Dream World Eevee Evolution? What's that?
A. Eevee evolutions with an alternate ability they can't normally get.

Q. Sweet! Does that mean I can get 7 awesome new Pokemon?
A. No. You can get ONE of the seven Eevee evolutions per account, which basically means one per game card. You'll have to pick which one sounds best to you.

Q. Is there a deadline for when I can get this Pokemon?
A. Yes, but we don't know the exact date of the deadline, so get it as soon as possible. Once Global Link launches, you will not be able to get this Pokemon. If I had to guess, I'd say you should try to get the Pokemon you want before the weekend, since the originally planned launch date for Global Link was March 30th.

Q. Cool. How do I get one?
A. Follow these steps:
1. Register for an account at Pokemon Trainer's Club. You can sign up on Pokemon.com
2. Go click the big picture on the site saying you can play a game to befreind a Pokemon.
3. Clear all 4 levels of the game. Try to have in mind which Eeeve evolution you want before you start playing.
4. When the game ends, the game will pick one of the 7 Eevee evolutions for you. If this is the one you wanted, hit yes and say you would like to keep it. ONE YOU HAVE SAID YES, THE DECISION IS FINAL, AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE POKEMON YOUU WILL RECIEVE. If the game did not show you the evolution you wanted, hit no.
5. If you did not get the evolution you wanted, keep replaying the game until it shows you the evolution you wanted, and hit yes. (Make sure you beat the game and choose yes to the Pokemon you want BEFORE Global Link goes live, which could be as early as in a few days, so try and get to this step as soon as possible.)
6. Wait for Pokemon Global Link to go live. The date this will happen is currently unannounced.
7. Go to Game Sync from the title menu of your Pokemon Black or White version. Connect to the WFC and get the code number for your game.
8. Log into the Global Link website at pokemon-gl.com and enter your code number to link your DS game to your account.
9. In your DS game, select Game Sync from your C-Gear, and choose a Pokemon to put to sleep and send to the Dream World.
10. From the Global Link web site, go to Dream World. It should let you befreind the Eevee evolution you selected before.
11. Send your sleeping Pokemon back to your game card by using Game Sync from your C-Gear.
12. From your C-Gear, hit the Entralink button to travel to Entralink.
13. In Entralink, head to Entree Forest. The Eevee evolution you selected will appear. Battle and capture this Pokemon, and it should now be yours.

Q. I can't seem to get the Eevee evolution I want to appear after beating the 4 levels of the minigame.
A. Which evolution appears depends on the type of orbs you pick up. Throughtout the course of playing, try to avoid the orbs depicting the elements of the other 6 Eevee evolutions, and focus only on getting orbs of the element you want. If you still can't get it, just keep hitting no and trying again.

Q. Can I pass down these new abilities by breeding?
A. TBH I'm not sure. I know MOST Dream World abilities can be passed down IF the Dream World Pokemon you got is Female AND you breed it with something that is not a Ditto. However, because Eevee has different abilities than its evolved forms, I'm not entirely sure this works. If someone could fill me in I would appreciate it.

Q. What level will the Pokemon I choose be?
A. All of them are at Level 10.

CONTINUED NEXT POST
---
GORGEOUS ~ DELICIOUS ~ DECULTURE
#2AbyssHunted(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 6:51:55 PM(edited)
Q. What special abilities do the Eevee evolutions have, and which should I get?
A. I'll cover them individually:

Vaporeon
Ability: Hydration - removes status problems every turn in the rain
A very good choice. Vaporeon is already a VERY bulky, defensive Pokemon. With Hydration, every time Vaporeon uses Rest in the rain, it will wake up immediately, essentially healing it to full HP and of any status problems for free with just one move. This makes a good Pokemon even better. On the other hand, this requires giving up on Water Absorb, which was already a good ability.

Jolteon
Ability: Quick Feet - multiplies Speed by 1.5 if affected with status problem other than Paralyze
Not so sure about this one. Jolteon is already a pretty fast Pokemon. Does it really need more speed? Not to mention its normal ability, Volt Absorb, is pretty good already.

Flareon
Ability: Guts - multiplies Attack by 1.5 if affected with status problem
I'd probably say skip this. Flareon already has high attack, though more attack never hurts. On the other hand, Flareon still just isn't that great of a Pokemon, and on that alone it may be better to pick a different evolution. Also, Flareon's normal ability, Flash Fire, is pretty good.

Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce - reflects Status-category (not Physiscal or Special) moves back at the user
I'd say this is a pretty good pick as well. This ability reflects all status-category moves: not just things like status problem moves, Attract, and stat-lowering moves, but even moves like Taunt and entry hazard moves such as Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes. With some prediction skills, you can switch in Espeon on anyone using a status-category move to reflect it. On the downside, once this thing is out, people simply won't use status-category moves, but still, this ability is practically a direct upgrade from Synchronise. Note that this ability is actually ONLY available from the Dream World, not just for Espeon, but for any Pokemon. There is no way to get this ability thru normal gameplay on anything, and it's only available on Espeon and Natu/Xatu from Dream World.

Umbreon
Ability: Inner Focus - this Pokemon cannot Flinch
This one seems like one of the worst choice of the seven to me. Protection from Flinching just isn't all that useful (though at least it's not useless), and Synchronise just seems better to me. IMO, go for a different Eevee evolution.

Leafeon
Ability: Chlorophyll - doubles Speed when sunny
Definately not a bad choice if you went with this one, though I personally like some of the other DW Eevee evolutions better. For those who care, Leafeon's normal ability is Leaf Gurad, which prevents status problems during sunny weather.

Glaceon
Ability: Ice Body - heal 1/16th of max HP every turn during Hail
This one is pretty good too. Glaceon already sees some good use on Hail teams, and some healing every turn seems a bit more reliable than Glaceon's normal ability, Snow Cloak, which raises Evasion by 20% in the Hail.

Q. I still have a question about the DW Eevee evolutions that is not answered here! Can you help me with it?
A. Certainly. If you have a question or feel I left anything out, please don't be shy in posting in this topic and mentioning it.
---
#3BowtotheTWIGPosted 3/29/2011 6:42:48 PM
meh. the sticky is better
---
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain
#4SigmaSlashPosted 3/29/2011 6:44:59 PM

Vaporeon
Ability: Hydration - removes status problems every turn in the rain
A very good choice. Vaporeon is already a VERY bulky, defensive Pokemon. With Hydration, every time Vaporeon uses Rest in the rain, it will wake up immediately, essentially healing it to full HP and of any status problems for free with just one move. This makes a good Pokemon even better. On the other hand, this requires giving up on Water Absorb, which was already a good ability.

Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce - reflects Status-category (not Physiscal or Special) moves back at the user
I'd say this is a pretty good pick as well. This move reflects all status-category moves: not just things like status problem moves, Attract, and stat-lowering moves, but even moves like Taunt and entry hazard moves such as Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes. With some prediction skills, you can switch in Espeon on anyone using a status-category move to reflect it. On the downside, once this thing is out, people simply won't use status-category moves, but still, this ability is practically a direct upgrade from Synchronise. Note that this ability is actually ONLY available from the Dream World, not just for Espeon, but for any Pokemon. There is no way to get this ability thru notmal gameplay on anything, and it's only available on Espeon and Natu/Xatu from Dream World.

O_O

WANT.
---
Silence is golden. :3
The Official Supreme Overlord Blue Mage of all boards.
#5dj4242Posted 3/29/2011 6:49:29 PM
You are now tracking this topic.

thank you, i will use this later
---
SoulSilver friend code 3696 2420 8209
Hacking is Evil
#6kikiee241Posted 3/29/2011 6:52:35 PM
Sounds to me like Guts Flareon would hit like a ton of bricks with a Flame Charge or two... And I didn't know Glaceon was even used in hail teams, much less hail stall. Leafeon does get a better sun boost, though its attacking options are still real limited.

Umbreon and Jolteon seem to have gotten the short end of the stick. :/ Jolteon should've gotten Lightningrod, and Umbreon something like Pressure.
---
There's also a guy named 'Hope' as in "I hope we can get these sandwiches in the car before any 'Snow' or 'Lightning' happens".~ Yahtzee on FFXIII, ZP
#7AbyssHunted(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 7:21:53 PM
Oh hey, Magic Bounce can also reflect Whirlwind and Roar. Do want.
---
#8NatatteruPosted 3/29/2011 7:23:01 PM
Yes... yesyesyesyesyes! Finally cleared this damn game! I had never been so frustrated with anything Pokemon related, but I got my Espeon, now Imma never play this ****ing game ever again.
---
PSN: NatatBW [Blazblue CS Matches: http://www.youtube.com/galboil]
SSFIV: Ibuki/Mak/ELF - BBCS: Bang/Sub: Tager, Noel - MvC3: Iron Man/Task/Wolverine
#9SamusmusPosted 3/29/2011 7:34:32 PM
Sweet, a cool espeon after 6 tries.
#10AbyssHunted(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 9:26:52 PM(edited)
Yay, got a Vaporeon for myself!

Also guys, I've heard people claim that you CAN pass down Dream World abilities to Eevee so long as the evolution you got is female (12.5% chance of it being female) and with a bit of luck (only a chance of passing it down). IF this is indeed true, that means you can theoretically breed to get ALL the Eevee evolutions with Dream World abilities. Also, Eevee's Dream World Ability is Anticipation, which is next to worthless. But once Global Link launches, if anyone breeds a female DW Eevee evolution and gets an Eevee with Anticipation, please post something in this topic so I can get a confirmation. Also tell me if Anticipation Eevee gets a Dream World abilitiy when it evolves, or if the evolutions are stuck with the normal ability.

meh. the sticky is better

Thought I'd also include details on a few competative implications of the DW evolutions. And the sticky has a misleading title if you ask me...

---