This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with Pokegen Wifi-Ready

#1Noob4HirePosted 4/5/2011 3:00:27 PM
The pokemon I have are not created from scratch they were either caught or hatched then modified afterwards.

I have been reading a lot about PIDs and their correlation to Abilities, Natures and IVs however I am still very new to this and it seems the ones I caught in Black and White I modified IVs then gave legal PIDs(Pokegen) and it worked on going on wifi.

However I have pokemon I really DID poketransfer from Pokemon Pearl and they were hatched and EV trained(/w PKRS) in Pearl I then modified their IVs/Nature/EV Spread in Black and White then gave legal PIDs.

These pokemon that I have transferred I modified afterwards and gave legal PIDs dont work on Wifi.

Can someone please explain to me how can I get them wifi-legal.

Id appreciate if someone can explain to me how to get my pokemon wifi-legal that legitimately came from pearl just modified after I transferred them to B/W.

Thanks.

Oddly Hippowdon that I caught in Pearl from wild I gave egg move Slack Off works on Wifi in B/W.

My egg hatched pokemon from D/P dont seem to be working. (I did modify IV/EV Spreads when they transferred to B/W) I gave them legal PIDs but still dont work on wifi.

Heres my link if any you guys can help me out.

Thanks.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14647-Please-help-me-make-my-pokemon-Wifi-Ready&p=121147
---
Pokemon White FC: 2021 9085 3628
Standard Rules B/W: Record 9 Win - 16 Loss >='(
#2snsstePosted 4/5/2011 3:03:00 PM
I had the same problem as you, i tested this with pokegen AND pokesav, pokesav worked, pokegen didnt, i suggest you try pokesav when editing pokemon and see how it goes, if that doesnt work, post back here and i will try to reply soon :)
---
Platinum FC: 3180-3342-0571
Name: Stephen
#3Noob4Hire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2011 3:10:14 PM
Thanks

Well I just brought Gliscor Garchomp Tyranitar to Pokesav and when I hit generate PID it shows the exact PIDs in the list that I chosen for them in Pokegen. So the PIDs seem to be legal unless I am missing something.

It says Type1 also for all 3 of them I am assuming Type1 is for Poketransferred pokemon?
I think Pokegen said Type1 PID method is for GenIV pokemon?

argh now I feel stuck again since Pokesav just reaffirmed the PIDs were correct from Pokegen.
---
#4Anubis68Posted 4/5/2011 3:11:03 PM
Wi-Fi mostly checkes for moves/abilities a pokemon can't know. When I'm not mistaking it doesn't check PID.
Always take things like 4th gen only moves and egg moves into account.
---
FC in user info// wins:23 - losses:11 - draws 2
PSN: Turgay8 (I'm not gay, it's my name)
#5Noob4Hire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2011 3:12:25 PM
OH I found something odd in pokesav.

The place Met and the Location are Blank?!

In Pokegen it says Daycare Couple G4 though...
---
#6Anubis68Posted 4/5/2011 3:14:05 PM
Noob4Hire posted...
Thanks

Well I just brought Gliscor Garchomp Tyranitar to Pokesav and when I hit generate PID it shows the exact PIDs in the list that I chosen for them in Pokegen. So the PIDs seem to be legal unless I am missing something.

It says Type1 also for all 3 of them I am assuming Type1 is for Poketransferred pokemon?
I think Pokegen said Type1 PID method is for GenIV pokemon?

argh now I feel stuck again since Pokesav just reaffirmed the PIDs were correct from Pokegen.

Download the latest pokegen and leave the PID field blank. Pokegen will automatically fill in a legit PID upon saving/leaving (not sure which)
---
#7Noob4Hire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2011 3:14:10 PM
Gliscor
Baton Pass (Egg Move)
Sword Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake

Garchomp
Sword Dance
Substitute
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Tyranitar
Crunch
Ice Beam
Subsitute
Focus Punch TM

I dont see anything wrong with these movesets?
---
#8Anubis68Posted 4/5/2011 3:19:40 PM(edited)
Noob4Hire posted...
OH I found something odd in pokesav.

The place Met and the Location are Blank?!

In Pokegen it says Daycare Couple G4 though...

G4?
edit: oh, gen 4. it should say (pokétransfer) or day-care couple, because the game doesn't knoe gen 4 day-care couple
---
#9Noob4Hire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2011 3:45:23 PM
This is gonna SOUND really stupid I got Gliscor and Tyranitar working on Wifi by removing PKRS.

However Garchomp still doesnt work.. argh what could possibly be the problem!? >.<

hope someone knows.
---
#10Anubis68Posted 4/5/2011 3:48:26 PM
Could u list the place met and stuf, preferably from pokegen
---