This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What can rotom breed with

#1MyMomBeatsMePosted 4/8/2011 9:17:58 PM

i want mine timid

#2GeminiDeusPosted 4/8/2011 9:18:18 PM
Ditto.
---
SSBB Friend Code: 4383-3078-3339 Deus
#3GeminiDeusPosted 4/8/2011 9:18:46 PM
Ditto, the Pokemon. Not ditto "I want a timid Rotom".
---
SSBB Friend Code: 4383-3078-3339 Deus
#4MyMomBeatsMe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 9:23:56 PM

Only ditto?

#5CharizardFirePosted 4/8/2011 10:00:21 PM

Only ditto?

All genderless Pokemon that can breed can only do so with Ditto.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6HaywoodJBMPosted 4/8/2011 10:11:04 PM
I know theres not a real answer for this, but Ive always wondered, how do genderless pokemon breed? If they can only do it with Ditto, im assuming Dittto becomes the partner through transformation and they make the baby. But, genderless pokemon cant breed with eachother, showing that when in the daycare, Ditto does not transform into the other pokemon, so somehow the actual pokemon's DNA is combined with the transforming ability of of Ditto's body, and that becomes an egg. Darn you pokemon, making me think
---
my gamertag is: BlazerKill
Pokemon Black FC: 4985 5064 0357
#7blakdragoonPosted 4/8/2011 10:12:12 PM
Don't try to apply logic to pokemon.
You'll only hurt yourself.
---
Welcome to the interenet. Where nobody's opinion matters except the person your arguing with.
PSN - Katrualst
#8XObsidianK1ngXPosted 4/8/2011 10:21:16 PM
blakdragoon posted...
Don't try to apply logic to pokemon.
You'll only hurt yourself.

yeah, what he said
---
HG FC-5156-5505-5139
White FC-3525-1377-9571
#9machao1991Posted 4/8/2011 10:22:45 PM
lol your username is awesome TC
---
my Pokemon Black FC: 0819 3232 8024
#10Crimson_SpiderPosted 4/8/2011 10:32:06 PM
Well, Haywood, it is obvious that these pokes don't undergo sexual reproduction, so throwing them into a pit with a bunch of others won't suddenly make more. Instead, each of these pokes go through some alternate breeding system, like some form of mitosis, or my personal favorite of vampiric reproduction. Let me list some:

Magnemite family: Constructed from electromagnetic phenomena that they can create on their own.
Voltorb: Created by the same technology as pokeballs, they can make more of themselves through pokeballs.
Staryu: Just divides into two more.
Porygon: Doesn't reproduce. It's artificial.

and so on. So how, you ask, do things like Porygon suddenly produce eggs with ditto? The answer is they don't: Ditto partakes in something called Vampiric reproduction. This is when a certain species takes the genetic material of another compatible species, using it as a surrogate "male" for the reproduction. Ditto itself then takes this genetic material, scrambled somewhat randomly with its own, and then forms an egg to produce offspring. The offspring is of the other pokemon's species, since the egg was made with their chromosomes, after all. Because of this, it is rare for ditto to produce another of itself. IRL I think this only happens with a certain all-female species of lizard, which has offspring that, although being the same species as the mother, can have anywhere from 1 to 4 sets of chromosomes simultaneously depending on the extracted material.

A lot of the completely unbreedable pokes we meet aren't truly "unbreedable". They are just so rare that we can't discern gender, and also they are incompatible with ditto's reproductive system.
---
Dying sucks, but almost dying is freaking awesome.
Hence, my dilemma.