This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Male Breeding with Ditto Can't Pass on Egg Moves?

#1Axels_BladePosted 4/26/2011 8:03:50 PM
Or am I doing something wrong? Male Gastly breeding with Japanese Ditto. The Ditto is holding a speed IV thingy (can't remember its name, don't think it matters). The Gastly knows Thunder/Ice/Fire Punch and Will-O-Wisp, but when bred with the Ditto, none of those moves get passed on. What gives? :/
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
#2Mariofan15Posted 4/26/2011 8:05:28 PM
Are those egg moves? If they arent egg moves then they cant be passed down. The only way to pass those down is to have the Female Ghastly know the same moves.
---
HeartGold code:3739-9933-3751
Pokemon White:3310-4368-6803
#3FehKehPosted 4/26/2011 8:06:18 PM
Axels_Blade posted...
Or am I doing something wrong? Male Gastly breeding with Japanese Ditto. The Ditto is holding a speed IV thingy (can't remember its name, don't think it matters). The Gastly knows Thunder/Ice/Fire Punch and Will-O-Wisp, but when bred with the Ditto, none of those moves get passed on. What gives? :/

Check to see if your Gastly actually still knows those moves. The Old breeding lady will delete moves upon level up for new level up moves.
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#4FehKehPosted 4/26/2011 8:07:00 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Are those egg moves? If they arent egg moves then they cant be passed down. The only way to pass those down is to have the Female Ghastly know the same moves.

The punches are egg moves.
---
#5MetleonPosted 4/26/2011 8:09:16 PM(edited)
Unless they changed it this Gen, the Punches are Egg moves and Will-O-Wisp is a TM move, which should also pass down. I'm thinking the problem is the fact that you're using a Japanese Ditto.

EDIT:
FehKeh posted...
Check to see if your Gastly actually still knows those moves. The Old breeding lady will delete moves upon level up for new level up moves.

The moves won't get deleted until you take the Pokemon out. I bred three whole boxes of Bidoof with the same two Pokemon and they all still had Aqua Tail, even though it would have been deleted long ago.
---
Black FC: 0475 7319 5671
#6FehKehPosted 4/26/2011 8:08:53 PM
Metleon posted...
Unless they changed it this Gen, the Punches are Egg moves and Will-O-Wisp is a TM move, which should also pass down. I'm thinking the problem is the fact that you're using a Japanese Ditto.

That's not a problem. Any Ditto will suffice.
---
#7GeminiDeusPosted 4/26/2011 8:09:07 PM

Just checked on serebii and the elemental punches are indeed Egg moves, passed down by the Dusclops family, who learns it via level up this gen.
---
SSBB Friend Code: 4383-3078-3339 Deus
#8Axels_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2011 8:11:34 PM
FehKeh posted...

It was this. I didn't notice that evil lady deleted my moves. D: *strangles old lady*

Anyway, thanks for your help.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.