This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

3 Best Sweepers and 3 Best Walls of Generation V

#1Tino_Tonitini2Posted 5/5/2011 8:19:42 PM
Hi all,

I'm strongly considering participating in the 2011 Video Game Championship but I'm drawing a blank when it comes to assembling my team. It just feels like an overwhelming task.

I thought I would use this poll as a starting point. I'm asking for people on this board to post the 3 best Sweepers (Physical, Special, mixed----it doesn't matter) and the 3 best Walls (6 Pokémon total) of Generation V. Let me make it clear that I'm NOT looking to compose a team of 3 walls and 2 sweepers.I'm just looking for inspiration. I mean, I might choose 1 or 2 of the Pokémon from those suggested hear, but I'm hoping the suggestions might make me think of some good ideas.

One important note: Please select only from the Pokémon that were introduced in Generation V excluding Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Meloetta, Keldeo and Genesect. In other words, please do NOT list Pokémon from Generations 1-4.

Also, offer general advice for assembling my team is welcome but not required. Just remember that the format for the competition is Double Battle.

Thanks in advance!
#2Timoteck1Posted 5/5/2011 8:21:08 PM
You expect us to make a team for you? Or, choose the best pokemon for you?

How about YOU choose 4-6 pokemon, and then we give you constructive criticism.
---
0003-2752-4954 Pokemon White FC
#3davinthegreat98Posted 5/5/2011 8:22:59 PM
(i didint actually read your post)

sweepers: excadrill, achops, terrakion.
walls: the pringles ghost, stunfisk, ferrothorn.
---
current challenge: pokemon SS ledyba SOLO run
To each, their own. -rayquaza
#4Mariofan15Posted 5/5/2011 8:25:03 PM
Why dont you make a team. It'll be easier for us to criticize it.
---
HeartGold code:3739-9933-3751
Pokemon White:3310-4368-6803
#5RTC3Posted 5/5/2011 8:25:09 PM
chomp excadrill ionno

blissey ferro ionno maybe skarm
---
RTC3, yeah, you're God. ~Chaet_legend
haters gonna hate, lakers gonna lake, kobe and friends gon dominate.
#6Tino_Tonitini2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2011 8:34:27 PM
Obviously, some people did not read my entire post. I'm not asking you create a team for me. Rather, I was hoping competent battlers could offer a few golden nuggets, ideas.

I'm not going to fuel the criticism train that runs through this board. It seems like some people here just get their jollies by tearing down any poor soul who posts their team for evaluation. Sorry, you're not getting off from this thread.
#7RTC3Posted 5/5/2011 8:39:54 PM
excadrill thundurus and uhh ionno maybe terakion

ferro jellicent ionno
---
RTC3, yeah, you're God. ~Chaet_legend
haters gonna hate, lakers gonna lake, kobe and friends gon dominate.
#8spamhairPosted 5/5/2011 8:41:21 PM
Axew hits really hard and has mold breaker, but perhaps is outclassed. He still makes my list.

Excadrill is apparently an unstoppable force of doom?

Chandelure has ridiculous SpA, same idea with Volcarona (super deadly in sunlight, but rocks...)

Those are popular sweepers.

Walls are Ferrothorn, ummm Water ghost-mon (forgot its name), and.....erm Alomomola? Really good in rain I've heard.
---
Pokemon FC: 3868 8208 8489
#9Tino_Tonitini2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2011 8:49:46 PM
For those who have posted Pokémon ideas: thanks!
#10Smelly_GoombaPosted 5/5/2011 8:52:30 PM
Only introduced in Gen V...

Excadrill is amazing under Sandstorm but you can't have Tyranitar or Hippowdon. It'd a be a huge waste to have it or something else use Sandstorm.

Thundurus is a potent Nasty Plot Sweeper and it has Mischievous Heart for priority NP, Taunt, TW, etc...

Terrakion can easily run Swords Dance and/or Rock Polish and use its two STABs effectively (Close Combat, Stone Edge)

Volcarona is THE best user of Quiver Dance so it can tank Special attacks and dish out fast and strong attacks after one QD. Just gotta fear those rock moves...

Ferrothorn. No explanation needed. Tanks anything that isn't a Fire move.

Jellicent absorbs both Atk and SpA damn well and since it's water, it can use Scald for 30% burn rate to hurt those physical Pokemon. Can run WoW if you want that instead.

Landorus can hit hard with its EQ and its 105 Base Speed.

Shadow Tag Chandelure. Free setup if you can trap them with anything they're locked into or something.
---
We have entered an endless recursion of time.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z20/smelly_goomba/clannad19-nagisa2703.gif