This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't flareon learn solarbeam?

#1GloryChaosPosted 10/24/2011 4:52:00 PM
He's the only fire type aside from rotom-H, who can't. Magmar doesn't count as magmortar is capable of learning the tm. I could understand if all of the eveelutions were required to stay within their type movepools but ice beam vaporeon, grass knot espeon, signal beam vaporeon, etc...all prove otherwise.

Solarbeam isn't exactly a good move, but at least there seemed to be consistency in its distribution. No, rhydon and ariados (and he's nocturnal...) learning it doesn't make much sense, but I thought solarbeam was to fire types as how ice beam was to water types. Then again, we have water types that can use every attack across the type chart including fire moves, so...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/24/2011 4:55:55 PM
I thought it was already clear that Flareon, along with Farfetch'd and Deilibird, are the Pokemon that Gamefrak hates the most
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#3Xavier_On_HighPosted 10/24/2011 4:56:29 PM
Because it's Flareon.
---
"...did you call me idiotic in the middle of an argument among grown adults about Doctor Who's sex life? Honestly!!" - Steven Moffat, Feb 12 1996
#4GunswordzPosted 10/24/2011 5:01:04 PM
inb4flareblitz
---
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.
Official Heatran of the Pokemon Black and White Boards
#5Leaf2049Posted 10/24/2011 5:05:04 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I thought it was already clear that Flareon, along with Farfetch'd and Deilibird, are the Pokemon that Gamefrak hates the most

+1000 credit to you sir
---
God is there in the midst of chaos. When life is upside down remember that you're in the hands of the Creator.
#6UiruPosted 10/24/2011 5:22:00 PM
Flareon has been consistently trolled, over and over, every single gen.

Gen I: Put his big stat in Attack, which he basically never uses. Enjoy slightly stronger than average Body Slams! Also, slow, crap HP, crap Def. Scaring out a Grass or Bug and getting a BS Para on the switchin is basically his only prayer at usefulness.

Gen II: Cut his S. Atk, which he was kind of using. This would have made sense on Vaporeon, for instance, who could get away with being a tank. Flareon's no tank. At least he gets Shadow Ball now.

Gen III: Vaporeon and Jolteon got good ablities. Flareon's... sucks, kind of. He switches into a Fire attack and gets a Fire power boost, which he uses... on a Fire type? Helpful, that. Meanwhile, the enemy Fire type hits him with Earthquake or Close Combat or Extremespeed or something useful. Go Shadow Ball?

Gen IV: Literally every Fire type other than Flareon gets Solarbeam. Every single one. Physical/Special split robs him of Shadow Ball and he gets nothing to replace it with. Well, except Bite, which has a flinch chance he'll never see. Oh, and Flare Blitz? Hahahano. Fire Fang is *awful*, which seems to suit Flareon just fine. Oh, he gets Superpower... which he can use once and then switch out, assuming he survives (he probably won't).

Gen V: Guts! Now there's a good ability! He can use it with Flame Orb and......... oh. Toxic Orb it is, then. As though Flareon needed help dying.

A unique Fire-type Extremespeed WITH a 30% (or higher) burn chance would still not be enough to drag Flareon into "useful" territory. His stats are awful and unusable, his movepool is a joke, and his abilities are rendered useless by his suckitude. Maybe making Flash Fire increase Speed as well (probably not *too* broken on FF users), giving him Flare Blitz and Earthquake, and jacking his HP up 30 or 40 points, might make him stop being the absolute bottom of the barrel of the "not supposed to be a joke" Pokémon (like Delibird).
---
~Uiru
#7snacktimeguyPosted 10/24/2011 5:44:50 PM
At least its not a smeargle. Sure it is an interesting idea to steal moves permanantly from other pokemon, but most of its stats are lower than Forrest Gump's IQ.
---
Signature
#8The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/24/2011 5:46:20 PM

At least its not a smeargle. Sure it is an interesting idea to steal moves permanantly from other pokemon, but most of its stats are lower than Forrest Gump's IQ.

And then they gave him Moody. I think it's awesome
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#9FouCapitanPosted 10/24/2011 5:50:34 PM
Darmanitan and Rotom-H are the only other fire types who can't learn it.
---
Killing means never having to say you're sorry.
#10bassyuraPosted 10/24/2011 11:32:51 PM
Jolteon can't get Grass Knot. I mean its the only Electric-type that can't learn a Grass move, WTF?
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!