This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aerial Ace on...Krookodile?!

#1INFERTakuyaPosted 8/12/2012 3:40:03 AM
Yeah. The reason behind the title's kinda obvious actually; a Ground-type learning a Flying move? Seriously?

Anyway, the main topic's about whether it'll be a good idea to give a Moxie Krookodile Aerial Ace to deal with its Bug, Fighting and Grass weaknesses. I understand it's pretty stupid to even send it out there against such enemies in the first place, but I suppose a little cautiousness never hurt anybody.

Oh, and I assume that Fire Fang would be good too since it also deals with three weaknesses (Bug, Ice and Grass)? Sucks that it's an egg move...

The reason behind this is just me wanting to replace Foul Play with a more useful move because there isn't much point in leaving it in at all.
---
DJ. INFRTaku BS- Beginner CE-Grand Master DMP2-Guest
A sole petal descends into the darkness, but no matter how deep it falls, it will never be alone...
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 8/12/2012 3:54:58 AM
Not enough power.

STAB Crunch is just as strong as super effective AA.
---
gbchaosmaster
#3INFERTakuya(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 4:07:32 AM
Should I go for Dragon Claw then? I kinda hate moves that have downsides, like Outrage.
---
DJ. INFRTaku BS- Beginner CE-Grand Master DMP2-Guest
A sole petal descends into the darkness, but no matter how deep it falls, it will never be alone...
#4The_Sol_BladerPosted 8/12/2012 4:09:48 AM
Aerial Ace refers to a sword technique called Swallow Return, which consists on a quick downwards slash, followed by an upwards slash. Hence why so many non-flying pokemon can learn it
---
R - Grunt, knight, Dark-type master
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#5LexifoxPosted 8/12/2012 4:14:05 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Aerial Ace refers to a sword technique called Swallow Return, which consists on a quick downwards slash, followed by an upwards slash. Hence why so many non-flying pokemon can learn it

The typing is because the name references a sword technique whose creator was inspired by a swallow in flight.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6The_Sol_BladerPosted 8/12/2012 4:16:26 AM
The typing is because the name references a sword technique whose creator was inspired by a swallow in flight.

Ah yes, I always forget that

In short, it's just a slashing technique. It doesn't actually involves flying
---
R - Grunt, knight, Dark-type master
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#7OssiTheGreatPosted 8/12/2012 8:22:01 AM
Aerial Ace is pretty meh on most pokemon, due to its poor power. Coverage-wise it doesn't help too often either....
---
Sensei of the great art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/7485r83
#8NeotheLightPosted 8/12/2012 8:28:17 AM
INFERTakuya posted...
Yeah. The reason behind the title's kinda obvious actually; a Ground-type learning a Flying move? Seriously?

Anyway, the main topic's about whether it'll be a good idea to give a Moxie Krookodile Aerial Ace to deal with its Bug, Fighting and Grass weaknesses. I understand it's pretty stupid to even send it out there against such enemies in the first place, but I suppose a little cautiousness never hurt anybody.

Oh, and I assume that Fire Fang would be good too since it also deals with three weaknesses (Bug, Ice and Grass)? Sucks that it's an egg move...

The reason behind this is just me wanting to replace Foul Play with a more useful move because there isn't much point in leaving it in at all.

Outrage
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I'm not a racist. I'm an optimist.
#9HydroDragonPosted 8/12/2012 11:05:38 AM
It's only really useable against pokemon that are 4x weak to it. So if you're particularly afraid of Heracross, Breloom or Virizion you can use it. Same goes for Fire Fang, the base power is so low that it's not really useable even against pokemon that are 4x weak to it (Scizor/Ferrothorn) because of their high defense.

Moves like Pursuit, Stone Edge, or even Bulk Up, Taunt, Substitute or Toxic are generally more useful.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#10Vanguard_6575Posted 8/12/2012 3:45:59 PM
Even though it is a sword technique, it is still funny Diglett can learn it.

http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1108298/brown-baron/