This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A new Pokemon game? Already?

#1_Changed_Daily_Posted 2/22/2010 2:12:01 PM
I mean, I know it won't prolly be out for like a year, but it still seems a little bit soon.
---
Remember: you Byrne Cole with Embrose to create Steem so you can ride the Raels. Don't forget to get your Anjean's Gage in case you run low on Carben.
#2BassGSXPosted 2/22/2010 2:13:16 PM
rofl, watch this be one of those crappy spin-off games like Pokemon Ranger or something.
#3shadow_sakePosted 2/22/2010 2:14:27 PM

rofl, watch this be one of those crappy spin-off games like Pokemon Ranger or something.

That would suck

I mean, I know it won't prolly be out for like a year, but it still seems a little bit soon.

Where have you been living?
In a cave?
Or at your house but too busy?
---
[ -[_]- ] Platinum FC: 1892-0217-6329 Name: Luis (+ [__]-:-)
[+[_]::] Naruto Shippuden CoNR 3 FC: 3352-4981-0186 Name: Shadow Sake
#4Serebii from SPPPosted 2/22/2010 2:15:50 PM
This will have actually been the longest gap between generations...
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#5mew4everPosted 2/22/2010 2:18:26 PM
I'm fine if nintendo wants to release pokemon games quickly as long as they have the quality we have come to known
---
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/kidpsycho777/mew4ever.png
Missingno will win the character battle. I guarentee it
#6Megaman OmegaPosted 2/22/2010 2:42:47 PM
Quickly? It's the 5th gen in 14 years (probably 15 or even 16 years when it finally comes out), and you call it quickly? Other series have that much games in less than half of the time, at a rate of usually one game per year.

Spinoffs and remakes aside, we're only getting one game per generation. The two versions of everything is the same game with minor changes, and the third game can be viewed as a version 1.1 of the other two games.

So yeah, it's a pretty long wait between the games. But it indeed seems like there's "already" a new one coming, because we got this board already while HGSS isn't even out in NA and EU. But don't forget, it will be a long time until this is out and if you compare it to DPPT instead of HGSS, then it's a very long wait (a bit more than 4 years).
---
The Sony PSP's enormous library can be best described as a couple of gold nuggets scattered amungst a pile of steaming dog crap. - Hotsuma_Son
#7shadow_sakePosted 2/22/2010 2:44:24 PM

Quickly? It's the 5th gen in 14 years (probably 15 or even 16 years when it finally comes out), and you call it quickly? Other series have that much games in less than half of the time, at a rate of usually one game per year.

Spinoffs and remakes aside, we're only getting one game per generation. The two versions of everything is the same game with minor changes, and the third game can be viewed as a version 1.1 of the other two games.

So yeah, it's a pretty long wait between the games. But it indeed seems like there's "already" a new one coming, because we got this board already while HGSS isn't even out in NA and EU. But don't forget, it will be a long time until this is out and if you compare it to DPPT instead of HGSS, then it's a very long wait (a bit more than 4 years).

That's beacuse there were too many Generation 5 topics on the HG/SS boards so they decided to make one for us
---
[ -[_]- ] Platinum FC: 1892-0217-6329 Name: Luis (+ [__]-:-)
[+[_]::] Naruto Shippuden CoNR 3 FC: 3352-4981-0186 Name: Shadow Sake
#8Megaman OmegaPosted 2/22/2010 3:16:51 PM
Exactly. And now it makes people think that a lot of pokemon games are coming out at once, which is a misunderstanding.
---
The Sony PSP's enormous library can be best described as a couple of gold nuggets scattered amungst a pile of steaming dog crap. - Hotsuma_Son
#9jayman7Posted 2/22/2010 3:18:35 PM
It's announced for a 2010 Japanese release. But that will still be more time since Diamond/Pearl than between any other two consecutive generations, as Serebii pointed out.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"Game Series 1 is the best because it set the stage for better games!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10idpeacePosted 2/22/2010 6:48:52 PM
It is decent time.

Be thankful it is gamefreak not blizzard who develop the game.
---
Pokemon Plat Trainer: Cheryl
Pal Code: 0388 50511852