This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More story elements

#1ohh42Posted 3/12/2010 8:59:21 PM
Of course, the Pokemon story has always been "Conquer the the 8 gym leaders while thwarting Team <insert noun or adjective> to finally beat the Elite Four and become the Pokemon Champion, then make sure to catch 'em all!" but I think we need a more fleshed out story. Give DS 3 (The new main character until the color is decided on) more of a reason to be becoming the champion. Give him more of a reason to catch 'em all.

G/S did a great job by having your father be a gym leader, as it gave you a reason to become stronger: you wanted to be better than Pops.

D/P did a great job with the Team Galactic story. The leader was a crazed megalomaniac trying to destroy the world and rebuild his own. Give us more of that darkness to the new Team.

However, the games have always done a poor job of making you want to catch all of the Pokemon. Professor Tree just tells you to do it all for him because he's too old. Maybe this time DS 3's father was in a fatal accident while trying to finish the PokeDex for Prof. Willow and now his son wants to take up the reigns.

Idk some random thoughts at 9:59.
---
I do not know the weapons that will be used in MW3 but MW4 will be fought with sticks and stones
GT: Ragtag 21
#2DarkerCyrusPosted 3/12/2010 9:13:38 PM
It was R/S/E that had you beat your "Dad".
#310ShotAllDayPosted 3/12/2010 9:14:33 PM
All the internets to you if his name turns out to be prof. willow.
---
3/31/10 Monster Rancher DS
#4ohh42(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 9:20:26 PM
Oh yeah, you're right, Cyrus. Man I shows how long ago I played G/S and R/S
---
I do not know the weapons that will be used in MW3 but MW4 will be fought with sticks and stones
GT: Ragtag 21