This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Romance in a Pokemon game?

#21DarkHeroZXPosted 6/7/2010 2:49:15 PM
They had romance in coloseum even though it was extremely one dimensional with the whole silent hero thing and they had it in pokemon R/S/E.
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
#22Ubergeneral3Posted 6/7/2010 4:38:49 PM
I would like another game like Colluseum. Of course i'd also like a non silent main character.
---
Samerle 70 F human mage. Time to 70 30 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds. Server Shandris. If this sig bothers you tell me in your next post.
#23Strain42Posted 6/7/2010 4:47:22 PM
That disney video was pretty ridiculous but if you want proof that Disney isn't afraid to get a little adult in some of their animated movies just watch The Great Mouse Detective

They have an entire song and bar scene sung by burlesque mice doing a strip tease.
---
Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42
#24BandFaeriePosted 6/7/2010 4:59:41 PM
I think they should add some romance to the game. It's about damn time. Nothing too obscene, just some basic fluff. It could be easily worked into the game's format and could also be easily ignorable. Or they could make it be in separate scene that you have to specifically trigger so that the people who don't want romance don't have to watch the scenes.
---
"Hi. I'm dwelling on one post and applying it to everything you say. Is my opinion more valid than yours yet?" - Antagonisticism
#25spriing_loadedPosted 6/7/2010 5:03:58 PM

Male MC: Female MC, you look like Trucker Jailbait.

Female MC: Do I? Well gosh dernit, I was lookin' fer sleezey hooker.

Male MC: Let's do it.

I would kill something for this to be in the game.

---
"If you don't talk to your daughter about sex......I will." -Ridley, wanting to talk to your daughter.
#26Strain42Posted 6/7/2010 5:05:55 PM
My advice to people who wanna see a romance in a Pokemon game...

Play Quartz version, really play it, watch all the stuff between your player and the neighbor character...

Then look me in the...well...look at your computer screen and tell me if you REALLY wanna see more like that.
---
Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42
#27Elec Man EXEPosted 6/7/2010 5:10:35 PM
If they have romance, it better be optional. I don't play pokemon for that stuff.

I really don't see it happening, though. Given that the character you play is supposed to be a more of a representation of you, rather than having their own personality and such, the only way to do it "right" would be to let you choose who to romance, and I don't really see that happening. Shoehorning in a pre-determined romance with your rival or something wouldn't really give the feel of the character being you.

Of course, that could change, and maybe the main character does get their own personality, in which case I guess it could work. But it still better be optional. Or really ambiguous.
---
Master of Electricity
~Lucario Alliance Member~
#28ZekromBlackPosted 6/8/2010 10:28:17 AM
We don't know how this Egg got here but we know your Pokemon had it...

....What....
---
I think my circuitry is starting to malfunction...
#29ziyuPosted 6/8/2010 10:35:35 AM
In the older games, 10 year olds ran around jacking money from other animal fighters to make the economy go around. Now I bet human rights groups were complaining about child labor so they made the characters older. (They ignored the animal rights groups though).
---
Assume nothing unless given.
#30Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/8/2010 10:41:11 AM
double post, but i could see myself liking this if they made sexual innuendos. it's not like it would matter, i mean, disney does it all the time!

Disney movies have to be able to entertain parents, as well. Pokemon games have no such need.

Pokemon has quite a bit of sexual innuendos. I'm surprised nobody has noticed some of them.

>.>

Also on Disney: Little Mermaid the scene with the Pastor. 0_0; Creepy as hell.

---
GT in quote. Won't change my sig until Powerglove preforms a remix of Mewtwo's Battle Theme [Pokemon Stadium 1 - USA Pokemon Stadium 2-Japan]