This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so the third fastest Pokemon is a snail.

#11Eriorguez_4everPosted 9/18/2010 8:54:09 AM
It is not an insect.

Also, I saw a nautiloid turning into a more common cephalopod like a squid or a octopus.
---
This is GameFAQs, not GameAsk-At-The-Boards.
#12thenotsonormalPosted 9/18/2010 8:54:13 AM
What # is it? In the Pokedex?
---
Go to http://pokemonblackandwhiteland.webs.com/ It is my RP'ing Pokemon website
The Official Latios of the BW Boards
#13_Sylar_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 8:54:21 AM
Chobomaki's shell is spiraled and looks taller than it is wide, two qualities snails possess that clams do not.

according to Wikipedia, the term "bug" includes "Informally, for most arthropods, excepting most crustaceans, including insects and non-insects as well such as spiders, scorpions, mites, ticks, centipedes, millipedes, and woodlice and sometimes non-arthropods as well such as land snails, slugs, and earthworms."

yes, it says "land snails" in there.

also, Chobomaki and Agirudaa are only in the Bug egg group, while the Ground/Electric fish right after them is in the Water 1 group.

---
Dantmotckc
#14Pseudo_LegacyPosted 9/18/2010 8:54:30 AM
I've seen a real bugs similar to Agirudaa
They're neither snails nor clams.

They look more like worms with a camouflaged cocoon-like shelter they carry around
they usually like less than 1cm long
forgot what they're called in english but they're not uncommon here in our area
---
HOLD IT!! - keeping these until Phoenix Wright is confirmed, whether in or otherwise, on Marvel vs Capcom 3
#15The_ArchdukePosted 9/18/2010 8:55:31 AM
it doesnt look like a snail at all

for real

---
Everyone said to the Wright Brothers "your plane will never work, plywood is heavier than air." What did they say? "No it's not."
#162wingedangelPosted 9/18/2010 8:58:35 AM
That's like a hedgehog being the fastest thing alive.

o wait.
---
Teehee! <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9GGns9qzw
#17WallydraiglePosted 9/18/2010 8:59:18 AM

Chobomaki's shell is spiraled and looks taller than it is wide, two qualities snails possess that clams do not.

according to Wikipedia, the term "bug" includes "Informally, for most arthropods, excepting most crustaceans, including insects and non-insects as well such as spiders, scorpions, mites, ticks, centipedes, millipedes, and woodlice and sometimes non-arthropods as well such as land snails, slugs, and earthworms."

yes, it says "land snails" in there.

also, Chobomaki and Agirudaa are only in the Bug egg group, while the Ground/Electric fish right after them is in the Water 1 group.

It could also say "sasquatch" in about fifteen seconds if anyone cared to edit it. I probably have a dozen books about mollusks, and never in my life have heard them referred to as bugs.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#18Wii306Posted 9/18/2010 9:01:12 AM
Did anyone else notice that Chobomaki has 25 base speed? It may be some creature in a snail's shell, but it is not a snail.

Interestingly enough, Shubarugo only has 20 base speed with its armor. Since Kapurumo is naturally slower than Agirudaa, it stands to reason that the shell should weigh it down more once it dons it.

---
Currently Playing: FE:RD, Platinum, CoD:MW2
Pokemon Platinum: 1935-4008-5311
#19_Sylar_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 9:02:14 AM
I'm not talking about scientific terms, I'm just saying that calling a snail a bug is not uncommon.

I mean, look at Chobomaki. It looks a heck of a lot like a snail to me.

---
Dantmotckc
#20rey2Posted 9/18/2010 9:02:22 AM
Reminds me of that racing snail on Neverending Story.

---
FC: In profile. Click on my username.