This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Specifics on Rustling Grass...

#1Masamune_KatanaPosted 9/22/2010 7:50:25 PM
Hey, so I'm trying to get a Yanappu (I already have a Hiyappu and Baoppu). I was wondering, does the grass patches randomly start moving whenever they feel or is after each battle there's a chance that a grass patch near by will start shaking?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the clarification.
---
Ohohoho!!! I'm driven to destroy!!! - Shantotto, DFF
#2GTomahawkPosted 9/22/2010 7:53:30 PM
You don't have to get in to battle, I've been abusing the mechnic by runing around near the grass until one appears.

I don't know if it's step based or just totally random though.
---
Currently playing: Super Street Fighter IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor.
#3A_DoorknobPosted 9/22/2010 7:57:24 PM
Every time you take a step, there is a small percent chance that an on-screen patch of grass will start shaking. Knowing this, if you run back and forth next to some tall grass, it won't be long before a patch of rustling grass containing a rare Pokémon will appear. If you know this trick, it will be very easy to find Pokémon through this method; try repeatedly battling Tabunne this way and watch as your Pokémon level up extremely quickly.

By the way, I know that it's step-based because I once had a patch of rustling grass appear only five steps after battling a Tabunne at another patch of rustling grass. o_O If you stand still, no grass will ever rustle.
#4Masamune_Katana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2010 7:59:19 PM
Alright, well I didn't mean random per se, but you got the gist of what I meant. Anyway thanks for the help.
That's what I was thinking, as I recall someone mentioning grinding on Tabunne.
Also, on a some what related note, where can you find grass and fire stones other than the guy in Huin.
---
#5GTomahawkPosted 9/22/2010 8:01:17 PM
Yeah Tabunne makes level grinding like, super easy.

It's sometimes tedious to take down, but you almost guarantee at least one level per fight and it makes the process go much faster.
---
Currently playing: Super Street Fighter IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor.
#6Masamune_Katana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2010 8:01:58 PM
Oh also, sorry for the double post, but does it have to be in the grass or can it just be around the grass?
---
#7A_DoorknobPosted 9/22/2010 8:27:04 PM
Are you referring to where you should run back and forth to trigger the grass to rustle? You should run outside of the tall grass on normal ground so that you don't run into wild Pokémon constantly. As long as there is some tall grass not too far from the player (maybe about six spaces or fewer from the player), some should have a chance of rustling.

I haven't even found a single evolution stone yet, so I can't help with that, unfortunately. I'm still pretty early in the game. :/
#8Masamune_Katana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2010 9:02:11 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I meant actually. I was wondering that for the exact reason you stated. Running from wild battles takes forever it seems.
---
#9lostnfound99Posted 9/22/2010 11:48:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]