This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a move yet that increases Special Attack and Speed? Special DragonDance

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 10/1/2010 9:19:54 AM
Topic.

I also find it quite unfair that Sword Dance is a TM but Nasty Plot is not.

Is thing going to be a generation filled with 80%+ Physical attackers again?

Thanks.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2mattjh12Posted 10/1/2010 9:20:29 AM
I think that Butterfly Dance does
#3ReagsPosted 10/1/2010 9:21:26 AM
There's a new move that increases special attack, speed and special defense. It's called Butterfly dance, very few Pokémon learn it, best user is probably the Bug/Fire Pokémon.
#4Solar_CrimsonPosted 10/1/2010 9:24:12 AM
We need a Special equivalent to Dragon Dance. NOT Butterfly Dance, something other Pokemon can get (like Flygon, Salamence, and Rayquaza).

I'm thinking... Mystic Dance, which would be a Psychic-type move.

---
http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
#5GloryChaosPosted 10/1/2010 9:32:55 AM
(like Flygon, Salamence, and Rayquaza).

The idea of Flygon getting a setup move aside from Claw Sharpen is nice and all but I'm going to have to smack you for mentioning the others.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#6DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 9:38:33 AM
I hope a Move Tutor will have this move in Pokemon... Gray. Or Pokemon Checkered Flag. The 3rd game from the Black/White generation anyway.

Then maybe I could use it with Gardevoir. Gamefreak seems pretty dang determined to make sure Gardevoir remains unused.

There is one not butterfly Pokemon that learns Butterfly Dance, (Doredia), and Butterfly Dance would make sense with Gardevoir.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7Lucis_FerrePosted 10/1/2010 10:07:34 AM
Doredia's a fairy, her back two leaves are akin to a fairy's wings. The crown and 'ia' likely imply her being based on Titania. Or it could be she's a Budleja, aka 'the Butterfly Bush'

Gardevoir's a guardian angel. While the buffs make sense for her, the attack does not.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#8DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 10:07:43 AM
In general Butterfly Dance or a special Dragon Dance should be given to Pokemon that are underused because they are too weak, not Pokemon that are already extremely overused...

---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#9Lucis_FerrePosted 10/1/2010 10:10:31 AM
Dragon Dance:-
OU/Uber Users:-
Salamence
Gyarados
Rayquaza
Dragonite

UU/NU Users:-
Altaria
Kingdra
Crawdaunt
Whiscash
Tropius

For a move with fairly narrow criteria(the user needs to be a dragon, by and large) looks to be fairly well spread to me.

The only Pokemon who needs it, fits the category for learning it and can use it well but still doesn't get it is Flygon.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#10DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 10:21:01 AM
The description of Butterfly Dance does not state that wings are used in the dance. Only that it dances a mysterious dance.

Maybe you have a better picture, but I do not, I can't tell if Doredia has wings of if those are arms or parts of the dress structure. I can see how they can be seen as wings after you mentioned it though.

Similar to how a Swan Dance can be done by a human, because the description compared the dance to that of a Swan, not because the human has wings.

Sword Dance can be learned by many Pokemon that have absolutely no blade like appendages.

Gardevoir is Pokemon that would make sense with having a dance move.

---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>