This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash vs Red

#31asif456Posted 12/13/2010 7:58:20 PM
Ash can hit Rhydon with Thunderbolt... nuff said.

Oh you silly, Ash can't hit Rhydon with Thunderbolt! He's not a pokemon, so he can't perform an attack like Thunderbolt. He's just an Ash!

---
"It's all Basurao fault."--Reimu_H
9:34 Nov. 21: Number of Pointless theads so far: 6
#32Hikaru_SegawaPosted 12/13/2010 8:57:09 PM
Quote:

"I always figured Ash was Yellow, considering he starts with a Pikachu that can't evolve and follows him around. :p"

---

Pokemon Yellow Version is a special edition to get moar money based on the anime, on the other hand, Yellow, from the manga, is from Viridian and is a girl.

First it was the Red from the game, then it was Red from the manga, based on his game counterpart to be quite the same, you could say that the manga tries to follow the story from the games with their own plots, and Ash is an anime version of Satoshi Tajiri cosplaying as Red. Ash (Satoshi) started to exist when Gold and Silver were almost done, that is why Ho-oh is in the first episode.

And no, Manga/anime/games counterpart are not exactly the same, they are designed to be main characters but even when they retain the official design by Sugimori they are treated as different entities due to personality traits that are different from each other, otherwise manga/anime would be boring if they shared the exact same plot as the games, as a simple example:

*From RS Games: Brendan could be either Prof. Birchīs son or Normanīs son, and would be professor assistant or become the champion.
*From RS manga: Ruby is the Son of Norman and is an extremely skilled trainer, but swore to pursue beauty after a certain incident and deemed battles as barbaric, he wins all the Contest categories in Hoenn.
*From anime: a skilled trainer with short cameos on movies, itīs supposed that since his female counterpart shares the name of her game counterpart (May/Haruka) his name is also Brendan, would be the Son of Birch and likes to participate in battle facilities and tournaments.

So think of each of them as separate entities in alternate storylines, simply as that. A battle between Red and Ash would end like the battle between Yugi and Jaden in the last episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Gx, we would never be able to know the truth. So even if they are based of the same character you could compare them, like:

Brendan (NPC) < Ruby (manga counterpart is more skilled at battling).

or

May (NPC) < May (Anime) < Sapphire, since manga counterpart got all gym badges and is quite adept at battles.

As always itīs hard to compare two people, and even more when they are based on the same character, so that is why donīt like to think a lot about it. Also I donīt care which one would win, either one I would be like: all right bro, after all, if the people who is involved in the manga, anime and games wants someone to beat everyone else with a Sunkern it will be that way, because they are the Almighty people who rule over them, they are the ones who control their worlds and can do anything they want, Aim for the Horn and Thunder Armor are fine examples of this. Wall of text FTW.

---
Salamence is in hell with Garchomp; God didn't need him anymore-Zakdraknor64
#33PkmTrainerAbramPosted 12/13/2010 9:30:23 PM
Aside from Red's Pikachu's MegaVolt, that rant was perfect.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0604 1901 1092
SSB Brawl FC: 4596 9142 7887
#34Thunder_ArmorPosted 12/13/2010 9:49:30 PM
Okay, I'm going to give this a fair breakdown. Ash will be using his six strongest (IMO) Pokemon.

Pikachu vs. Pikachu

End result: Tie

Charizard vs. Charizard

End result: Red's Charizard wins. Ash's Charizard was pretty young and inexperienced compared to other Charizards in that one episode where he gave it away.

Sceptile vs. Venusaur

End result: Ash's Sceptile wins. Venusaur can't keep up with it's speed, and is pummeled by the tree gecko thing.

Infernape vs. Lapras

End result: Infernape wins. Red's Lapras wasn't anything special.

Snorlax vs. Snorlax

Tie. They both have versatile movesets.

Butterfree vs. Blastoise

Butterfree's Sleep Powder is blown away by the sheer power of Hydro Pump, Butterfree along with it.

Infernape vs. Blastoise

In the epic conclusion, Infernape gives the weakened Blastoise a great fight, and the two draw after Blastoise's Rapid Spin knocks them both into the wall.

Tie. We can stop arguing now.
---
"BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL IN OUR HEARTS." ~ Huggableplum on why we should argue about the hotness of fictional Pokemon girls.
#35Thunder_ArmorPosted 12/13/2010 9:51:50 PM
Damn, I forgot about Sceptile. Whatever, you get the point. This isn't a question that can be answered. I do personally like Red's character more than Ash's, though.
---
"BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL IN OUR HEARTS." ~ Huggableplum on why we should argue about the hotness of fictional Pokemon girls.
#36joker120Posted 12/13/2010 10:13:17 PM

Okay, I'm going to give this a fair breakdown. Ash will be using his six strongest (IMO) Pokemon.

Pikachu vs. Pikachu

End result: Tie

Charizard vs. Charizard

End result: Red's Charizard wins. Ash's Charizard was pretty young and inexperienced compared to other Charizards in that one episode where he gave it away.

Sceptile vs. Venusaur

End result: Ash's Sceptile wins. Venusaur can't keep up with it's speed, and is pummeled by the tree gecko thing.

Infernape vs. Lapras

End result: Infernape wins. Red's Lapras wasn't anything special.

Snorlax vs. Snorlax

Tie. They both have versatile movesets.

Butterfree vs. Blastoise

Butterfree's Sleep Powder is blown away by the sheer power of Hydro Pump, Butterfree along with it.

Infernape vs. Blastoise

In the epic conclusion, Infernape gives the weakened Blastoise a great fight, and the two draw after Blastoise's Rapid Spin knocks them both into the wall.

Tie. We can stop arguing now.

This sounds like something anime writers would do lol. But I do believe Ash's pokemon to be superior. Since Ash and Red are not the same we can't really assume that their pokemon share similar traits (in the case of the ones that parallel each other). After training Ash's charizard is the charizard that goes toe to toe with legendary pokemon. I doubt they would do mirror matches too. Ash has a pokemon to take care of all of Red's. Ash has a huge repertoire to choose from and as far as we are concerned Red has only six. We also have to think how the battle would take place i.e using anime mechanics or game mechanics
#37dezmomoPosted 12/13/2010 10:22:01 PM
Red. Hands down
---
dezmomo || Hit the floor! It's a drive-by!
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW Boards
#38LightningHawk90Posted 12/13/2010 10:26:56 PM
Why don't we stop trying to compare two completely different characters? :P
---
Pokemon Black FC: 5156 9612 4859 (Erin)
#39Hikaru_SegawaPosted 12/13/2010 10:38:41 PM
True, letīs just continue with our lives, since unanswered question will remain unanswered, I like them all Red (manga), Red (anime), and Ash, and I donīt care who would win.
---
Salamence is in hell with Garchomp; God didn't need him anymore-Zakdraknor64
#40MagikarpRulesPosted 12/14/2010 11:08:15 AM
Red wins because Red is two persons (game and manga) and therefore if one Red is taken out the next one comes to scene.

OK, now seriously, how do you expect us to know? Red gets points for being the Pokemon League Champion and having the highest levels on any trainer battle. ash is annoying, but has some surprsing abilities to deice some weird plan at the moment.

I like more Red, because being the typical silent hero he isn't as annoying as Ash. But let's give them a tie, and end this.