This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EV reducing berry availability!!!

#1gaminggeniusPosted 3/8/2011 4:47:35 PM
Hey all. Back in my pearl copy I used to do a ton of EV training and I have hundreds of E.V. reducing berries. That way I wouldn't be scared of using my pokemon in-game while completing it. Or if I am training at E.V. hotspots I would level the pokemon before hand at Elite 4 and then wipe the EV points clean before I train them at the EV hotspots (this way they are high leveled enough to fight the trainers alone without constant swapping).

I just got my copy of Black and I am at my 4th badge, but I've been noticing that they only give out low level berries in this game so far. Also I don't see any place to grow them. I read that you can grow berries in the dream world, but can you also find those berries in the dream world. Also is there any way for me to quickly transfer a lot of my berries from my copy of pearl? Or will I have to wait till beating the game and manually trade in my pokemon from pearl holding these berries which I imagine will take a long time. It seems like it's going to be a fair bit harder to EV reset pokemon in this generation.

I'd like to use my Victini (which I spent 2 hours soft resetting for a preferred nature) or my turtle fossil pokemon, but it's gonna suck if I can't EV reset them easily later on after I beat the game.
---
5/21/07 --- SSB Site relaunch-- First 500 post topic---97 minutes
#2HalecticPosted 3/8/2011 4:48:27 PM
There are no EV reducing berries in B/W or Dream World
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#3gaminggenius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 4:52:22 PM
But can I transfer them from Pearl as held items, and do they still reduce EV points?

Otherwise that really sucks because I'll be less inclined to use my rare pokemon until I know exactly what I want to do with them :(
---
#4HalecticPosted 3/8/2011 4:53:08 PM
You can not transfer items
---
#5Marathonman101Posted 3/8/2011 4:54:37 PM
Nope you cant transfer items from the old games to the 5th gen games. Sucks too because I wanted to wipe the evs off my modest Solosis with 31 IVS in Special Attack...
#6gaminggenius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 4:55:47 PM
Wow did not know that. Damn, so there is really no way to change E.V. distributions if you make a mistake or use a pokemon at all in the game.....

Guess I'm going to leave a ton of UT pokemon in my box and wait till maybe Grey comes out and they address that :(
---
#7gaminggenius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 4:57:39 PM
And this is why so many people play with hacked or cloned pokemon and stats. It's so hard and unforgiving to build competitive teams without cheating nowadays.
---
#8HalecticPosted 3/8/2011 4:58:45 PM
It is not too difficult to EV train, just use a power item and beat specific pokemon.
---
#9gaminggenius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2011 5:06:51 PM
haha dude I know how to EV train. I EV trained a ton of pokemon in Pearl. I'm just lamenting that I can't really use my good pokemon in-game because there will be no way to EV reset them after I beat the game and use them for competitive purposes. It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game when I have to leave the pokemon I really want to use untouched while I beat the game and collect all the power items, pokerus, etc.
---
#10LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 3/8/2011 5:07:49 PM
Wait, they seriously removed EV-reducing berries? What other items did they remove?
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.