This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Abyssal Ruins

#1FefnirOmega13Posted 3/12/2011 6:55:04 PM
Despite having a VERY veritable treasure trove on the first two floors (The floor is practically lined with Arceus Plate items and things called Relic Items which sell for a high price. The best I've got is Relic Statue= 200000. And you get two of them. The catch is that you have a step limit, and once you reach it a current of water forcibly ejects you from the dungeon) I can't figure out how to get deeper into the ruins without being swept away by the current time limit. The hieroglyphics that line the halls seem to be needed to be translated, but I don't know how or where a guide would exist.

Anyone else at this point in the game that can help? I WANT MY TREASURE AND NO CURRENT WILL STOP ME
---
Touhouism is my way of life. Lose yourself in my bullet streams...
Patchouli Knowledge for best librarian '10! Pkmn White Code in Quote
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 3/12/2011 6:57:20 PM
there's a map on this very website.
#3badgraphix1Posted 3/12/2011 6:58:12 PM
I've only seen it, but I can't get down there for some reason. I keep surfacing.

Or do I have to wait till later?
#4COlimar788Posted 3/12/2011 6:58:19 PM
Use this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version/faqs/60929

Get to the spot marked "1" on the first floor and examine the pillar there. On the second floor, get to one of the "2"s and use Flash on the pillar there. On the third floor, get to the "3" and use Strength on the pillar. Then get the awesome treasure on the final floor and be happy!

...on a side note, I wonder if it's actually possible to translate the hieroglyphs? It would be kind of a pain to do so, I'd imagine...
---
The Official Elec Man of the MvC3 board!
Pokemon SoulSilver: 1033-3587-7726
#5tempestjgPosted 3/12/2011 7:01:00 PM

Use this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version/faqs/60929

Get to the spot marked "1" on the first floor and examine the pillar there. On the second floor, get to one of the "2"s and use Flash on the pillar there. On the third floor, get to the "3" and use Strength on the pillar. Then get the awesome treasure on the final floor and be happy!

...on a side note, I wonder if it's actually possible to translate the hieroglyphs? It would be kind of a pain to do so, I'd imagine...

they were already translated months ago
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where sharing an opinion is a declaration of war. - Super Espio
http://tempestjg.tumblr.com/
#6Reborn_SigmaPosted 3/12/2011 7:04:28 PM
I haven't seen what the localized hieroglyphs state, but from what I recall about the ones in the Japanese version, they speak of a king who could speak to all beings and befriended one entity and defeated another. IIRC, the symbols which represent those entities switch places with each other depending on the version you're playing.

I noticed something about those relic items... The Relic crown is identical to the one N is wearing in the opening cutscene, and the statue also kind of looks like N's appearance in the cutscene.
#7FefnirOmega13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2011 7:06:21 PM
I knew about the map, just not about the methods to move the pillars because hieroglyphics and whatnot. *grabs swag bag, teaches Lilligant how to Flash* IT'S TIME TO DO SOME LOOTING!

Also, the location is very... interesting. I wonder if a legend or downloadable event will happen here? SOMETHING'S causing the huge water current (Or it could just be a trap to stop thieves like me :D) and if I'm not mistaken that legendary unicorn thing is Water/Fighting. Maybe that could be placed at the bottom or something? *shrug, just ideas*
---
Touhouism is my way of life. Lose yourself in my bullet streams...
Patchouli Knowledge for best librarian '10! Pkmn White Code in Quote
#8Ubergeneral3Posted 3/12/2011 7:21:04 PM
badgraphix1 posted...
I've only seen it, but I can't get down there for some reason. I keep surfacing.

press down
---
Samerle 70 F human mage. Time to 70 30 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/58237637
#9rje510Posted 3/14/2011 1:32:01 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...
badgraphix1 posted...

press down

You press up on the d-pad, at least that's what I did.
---
SMG2.5! www.supermariogalaxy2-5.com
Whatever it is, it needs more fawful