This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tyranitar and Excadrill a good duo?

#1RozaliaPosted 3/14/2011 11:48:21 AM
Are they crazy awesome together as openers?

Also could you Excadrill/Tyranitar users check if the things below are correct and answer whats missing for Excadrill's evs. Firstly Ivs, now I want them competitive but I don't mind if they aren't completely perfect so I assume these Ivs are what need to be perfect:

Tyranitar - Hp, atk, def, sp.D
Excadrill - atk, Spd

Then for Evs:

Tyranitar - 252 Hp, 252 atk, 4 def
Excadrill - 252 Atk, ???

Item:
Tyranitar - ???
Excadrill - ???
#2PostagaPosted 3/14/2011 11:49:11 AM
Earthquake, a very common move, is going to wreck both of them.
#3mpiecoPosted 3/14/2011 11:53:33 AM
I am assuming you are running Sand Rush on Excadrill, and thus you would want max speed and attack.

I agree that Earthquake is oing to wreck them, but with the auto-sandstorm and excadrill's sand rush (and maybe choice scarf on ttar with max speed), you might outspeed most things anyway (especially things that would have earthquake on them).

It would be an interesting experiment, but I don't know if it would ultimately be worth it.
#4Drknmnky56Posted 3/14/2011 11:56:03 AM
i usually EV train my tyranitar in Atk and Speed, every little bit of speed for it helps. it already has great defenses.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1678 3103 9448
#5Rozalia(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 12:11:40 PM
Something that interests me too mpieco. So this set up:

Tyranitar: 252 atk, spd, 4 hp choice scarf
Excadrill: 252 atk, spd, 4 hp life orb

No idea on the moves but I'm assuming I'd have to throw out things like dragon dances and focus on killing them on turn 1. So maybe?

Tyranitar: Rock Slide, Giga Impact, Ice Beam, Stone Edge
Excadrill: Rock Slide, Giga Impact, Drill Run, Brick Break

Looks horrible but considering the set up would it work? Having two glass cannons out there means I need to be fast and can't spend turns buffing.
#6st_midgetmanPosted 3/14/2011 12:15:09 PM
Tyranitar=glass cannon???
---
GT: geblobledee
#7a_lil_monsterPosted 3/14/2011 12:16:07 PM
Giga Impact?
---
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem: RD
Proudly gotten 100% on all 3D Mario games
#8OmegaPhoneixPosted 3/14/2011 12:19:50 PM
He's a glass cannon only in so much as his typing. Rock/Dark is bad defensive typing. But grand offensive typing.
#9Octaivian_RexPosted 3/14/2011 12:20:10 PM

This is disgusting. Replace Rock Slide with EQ replace Giga Impact with Crunch and use Aqua Tail or maybe Fire Punch instead of Ice Beam.

Replace Drill Run with Earthquake replace Giga Impact with X-Scissor and consider adding Swords Dance over either Brick Break or X-Scissor.
---
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/465/zekromsig.png
"People should feel stupid when someone says GF is running out of ideas." ~Mewtwo_soul
#10The_CreedPosted 3/14/2011 12:23:47 PM

This is disgusting. Replace Rock Slide with EQ replace Giga Impact with Crunch and use Aqua Tail or maybe Fire Punch instead of Ice Beam.

Replace Drill Run with Earthquake replace Giga Impact with X-Scissor and consider adding Swords Dance over either Brick Break or X-Scissor.

What is the point of having EQ if it's a double battle, all it would do is knock out his own poke and make this ineffective...
---
SS FC: 1849-3979-0597
White FC: 0303 9105 3098