This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Starter's Guide to the B&W RNG

#21KaphoticsPosted 4/11/2011 8:40:11 PM
Bobakuzero posted...
DSi fails?.. Guess that rules out my chances of RNG abuse this gen unless I go buy a DS lite that isnt broken in half and barely works. D:
Is there any chance of the RNG working out for DSi or 3DS?

You can still abuse IVs on the DSi/DSiXL/3DS with the C-Gear.

The encryption for the standard seeds is different on these systems, unfortunately. Nobody (not even the Japanese) have it figured out.
---
AIM: Kaphotics
3.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#22untrustfulPosted 4/11/2011 8:40:58 PM

As I understand it, as of now there is no legitimate way of deriving your SID and thus no legit way of doing shiny abuse.

Illegitimately I can get my sid through AR, but does that affect the rng?
---
"Let me point something out...he could trust untrustful."~MojoMujari
"...darn, you're right..."~untrustful
#23KaphoticsPosted 4/11/2011 8:41:53 PM
shuffleboard posted...
I skimmed it, but didn't see any info on getting a shiny. Did I miss it?
As I understand it, as of now there is no legitimate way of deriving your SID and thus no legit way of doing shiny abuse.

You can find out your SID if you knew what date and time (+/- a few seconds) and your Parameters by using Pandora's Box.

Or you can just RNG your own special IDs, for example I did a shiny flawless timid HPice70 tornadus today and had my ID as 00007.
---
#24shuffleboardPosted 4/11/2011 8:43:57 PM

You can find out your SID if you knew what date and time (+/- a few seconds) and your Parameters by using Pandora's Box.

Or you can just RNG your own special IDs, for example I did a shiny flawless timid HPice70 tornadus today and had my ID as 00007.

Wait, what do you mean RNG my own special ID? How do I create my own SID?
---
http://i29.tinypic.com/mbhd74.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/5uek9i.jpg
#25KaphoticsPosted 4/11/2011 8:44:05 PM
untrustful posted...
Illegitimately I can get my sid through AR, but does that affect the rng?

No, it affects nothing.

There are other ways to check your SID and ID, by using the GTS exploit.

When the GTS was cracked, a few new services are available, notably Pokecheck.
pokecheck.kraftpaper.org

You deposit a pokemon to the hosted GTS and it will publish your Pokemon (PID half sensored) so you can find the SID and ID of your game. Cool eh?
---
#26BobakuzeroPosted 4/11/2011 8:45:03 PM
Sounds brutal. I shouldve just invested in another DS lite after all. Either way thanks for the awesome guide TC it's sure to be hugely beneficial to the GF community. And thank you for the answer Kaps and for your continuing work in the RNG in general.
#27KaphoticsPosted 4/11/2011 8:45:21 PM
shuffleboard posted...

Wait, what do you mean RNG my own special ID? How do I create my own SID?

If you are familiar with seed hitting in gen 5, all you have to do is use Pandora's Box (inbuilt into RNG Reporter). Enter the criteria you want for gen 5 and hit that seed and frame. Bam shiny.

I've RNG'd 4 pairs of IDs, so long as you hit your seed it is super easy.
---
#28shuffleboardPosted 4/11/2011 8:47:25 PM

How to exploit the GTS?

If you are familiar with seed hitting in gen 5, all you have to do is use Pandora's Box (inbuilt into RNG Reporter). Enter the criteria you want for gen 5 and hit that seed and frame. Bam shiny.

Aww snap, is that PC only? Because I don't think my Mac version of PokeRNG has Pandora's Box.
So you're telling me I don't even need to know my SID?
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/apehiu.jpg http://i29.tinypic.com/23tm2s3.jpg
#29gamepimp12Posted 4/11/2011 8:50:52 PM
I've been trying to understand this for awhile and you made it so much simpler

But one question, I know a lot of people use timers to ease the job

Why don't you use one, and how would using one affect your steps
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#30KaphoticsPosted 4/11/2011 8:52:26 PM
shuffleboard posted...
How to exploit the GTS?

Aww snap, is that PC only? Because I don't think my Mac version of PokeRNG has Pandora's Box.
So you're telling me I don't even need to know my SID?

http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/
Everything is explained there, all you do is do as it says and you'll be able to upload to the server. Your Pokemon will stay on your cart.

Yeah, it's PC only. Chiizu (programmer of PPRNG) made an entire 5th gen mac equivalent, it's on his to do list!
You can still run RNG Reporter in wine or dual boot, idk...

You don't need to immediately know your SID, but it will help you find it so long as you know your params and turnon time. You do need it!
---