This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Game Sync ID Cannot Be Changed Once Registered

#11JimcamxPosted 4/12/2011 12:03:55 PM

...Why in gods name did it give me one of the ****ing preschooler avatars is beyond me. Of 'all' the things a player should have been able to customize, THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY RANDOM.

It's not, everyone gets that until they change it.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon White, Dragon Age: Origins, Tiny Wings
PSN/Gamer-tag: JimCamX FC (White) 3482 2095 8227
#12MarcaniusPosted 4/12/2011 12:31:51 PM
How can we change the avatar? Heck, I don't even see an avatar thing on the GL page.
#13SethanPosted 4/13/2011 5:44:50 PM
Question here -

Say I finally upgrade my DSLite to a DSi or 3DS. Does my Game Sync ID change like my Friend Code? Does anyone know?
---
"When you appear to be doing nothing at all, you're doing it right."
#14HalecticPosted 4/13/2011 5:51:53 PM
Your Game Synch ID is linked to a specific save file, and your account will ONLY work with whatever save file you registered.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#15Azura20Posted 4/14/2011 12:25:00 PM
Sethan posted...
Question here -

Say I finally upgrade my DSLite to a DSi or 3DS. Does my Game Sync ID change like my Friend Code? Does anyone know?

I'm wondering this too... anyone know, if it hasn't already been answered?
---
Almost never trust the word of someone who was paid for their opinion.
"Zombies are a good example..." - Dr. Sanjay Gupta
#16JarieSuicunePosted 4/14/2011 11:07:46 PM
No, you're Game Synch ID is locked to the save file on the cartridge. The only way to reset it would be to erase the save file. (I don't recall ever having my Friend Code reset when switching DS's either... only my Pal Pad's list. Hm.)

Unfortunately, since it appears that once you register a game save's ID to the PGL, it's impossible to delete, so if you did reset, you'd be effectively blocking yourself out of your own account. (the only way to really use it again would be to get the other version and connect it and never reset that one, or to forget about your old account and just make a new one. I bet you'd even have to make a new Daisuki Club/Pokemon.com/[whatever the other languages call it] account on top of THAT though, so you'd also lose everything related to the old acount, like your Daisuki Coins, Avatar Items, etc.)

I have to say, I really do hope an efficient method is either found or supplied to fix this difficulty... Especially in the (unlikely) case that someone's cartridge got damaged or something, cause that would really stink. (not that I'd think GameFreak or Nintendo should help that person re-obtain any Pokemon they lost or whatever; it's still just a game.

Hm, has it been confirmed that this applies even if you have both games' IDs registered?
#17tuttiPosted 4/15/2011 12:01:29 AM
Your friend code doesn't change just from booting the game on a different DS, it only changes when you try to connect it to the Internet on a different DS. I don't know how this works with game sync though.
---
Tutti of the Coven of the Blue Panda
#18HalecticPosted 4/15/2011 12:12:24 AM
Changing the DS system has nothing to do with Globbal Link

Only the save file registered to the PGL account will work with that account, regardless of which DS system is used
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835