This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do SMOGON players ever win the championship tournaments by NINTENDO?

#11GloryChaosPosted 4/27/2011 4:17:02 AM
But Nintendo tournaments don't allow me to use Ho-oh, just like smogon.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#12FehKehPosted 4/27/2011 4:17:30 AM
Liquefy posted...
Smogon players don't play Pokemon. They play a bastardized version of Pokemon.
Nintendo tournament participants play Pokemon.

And they get beaten by smogon players, even at their Nintendo tournaments. Your point?
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#13zach12_2Posted 4/27/2011 4:18:26 AM
Lol at all the trolling in this thread. TC and Smoggies. So silly.
---
FC: 0561 7105 8007
#14FehKehPosted 4/27/2011 4:20:33 AM(edited)
zach12_2 posted...
Lol at all the trolling in this thread. TC and Smoggies. So silly.

I actually don't see many trolls at all in this thread. Am I missing something?
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#15M1AstrayPosted 4/27/2011 4:21:54 AM
Liquefy posted...
Smogon players don't play Pokemon. They play a bastardized version of Pokemon.
Nintendo tournament participants play Pokemon.

I'd say Nintendo are the ones using a Basterdized version of competitive Pokemon, Smogon actually looks at things before banning them, Nintendo, well, let's just say "lol banning Phione". Smogon may make some bad decisions at times but at least they have actual reasons for banning things, far better than Nintendo's "this things an event Legendary so it should be banned!" method.
---
Currently Playing: Dissidia 012 (PSP), Pokemon White (DS), Final Fantasy IX (PSN)
#16i_liek_mudkipsPosted 4/27/2011 4:27:13 AM
Honestly?
Anyone who thinks all Smogon people play the game in the exact same way are the idiots here. "Oh hey look I'm part of a big community so now I'm automatically the same as everyone else!"
---
Official Guan Dao man of the MHTri boards.
Dont like it? Too bad.
#17DekadensePosted 4/27/2011 4:30:20 AM
Honestly?
Anyone who thinks all Smogon people play the game in the exact same way are the idiots here. "Oh hey look I'm part of a big community so now I'm automatically the same as everyone else!"

I like the Smogon rules actually...i think the Nintendo rules with 1 Legendary allowed in tournaments is just stupid, because you have a huge powerhouse wrecking the field or Giratina walling everything to holy heavens.
---
Doesn't matter. Whenever Nauske uses a deck, it goes to tier 1. -InfinitySlayer.
Yu-Gi-Oh 2011 Friend Code: 3396 3175 9734
#18StealthRockPosted 4/27/2011 4:40:22 AM
without smogon have of you people would still be being swept by 6 mewtwo teams and be trying to fight with Bidoofs

stop hating on them
#19GloryChaosPosted 4/27/2011 4:52:32 AM
Since mewtwo is carrying aura sphere less and less in ubers, he loses to bidoof and bibarel actually...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#20neb555Posted 4/27/2011 5:08:30 AM(edited)
People don't play Smogon, they play Pokemon using guidelines set up by Smogon. Basically, they research and study the gameplay in order to make the game more balanced by creating a variety of tiers instead of "anything goes," though the OU basically is "everything goes since you can use UU and NU Pokemon in the OU tier.

Believe it or not, analyzing strategies, moves, Pokemon, etc. DOES tend to make you better at a game. Don't be hating on Smogon, hate the players who are arrogant jerks.
EDIT: I meant to say that, not all players are arrogant jerks, I follow Smogon too. But hate the ones who do act like jerks instead of hating the whole system.
---
see quote