This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you know if your pokemon has a Hidden Ability?

#1Ste_197Posted 6/19/2011 1:53:05 AM

Just got given a dream world dratini and now I'm breeding to get better IVs how do you know if it has the Hidden Ability? I've looked around the internet and can't find anything. Also don't understan how it can be hidden?

Thanks,

Steven

#2jayman7Posted 6/19/2011 1:54:19 AM
Does it have Marvel Scale? Then congratulations, it has its Hidden Ability.

Does it have Shed Skin? So sorry, better breed another.

How much more complicated does it have to be?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Ste_197(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 1:57:43 AM

Well I haven't had a one with a Hidden Ability so I didn't realise that is just said it. I assumed as it was called 'Hidden' that you wouldn't be able to see it. Thanks anyway

#4JE19426Posted 6/19/2011 2:05:24 AM
Ste_197 posted...
Well I haven't had a one with a Hidden Ability so I didn't realise that is just said it.

DW Dratini should have it's hidden ability.
---
Things I dislike: People that talk about religion on video game forums and people that refer to FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 without explaining it.
#5jayman7Posted 6/19/2011 2:07:46 AM
They're called "Hidden" abilities because of the difficulty in getting them (most that are available now can only be obtained from the Dream World, or by breeding Pokemon from it, and most Pokemon's Hidden abilities are not legitimately available at all yet), not because they're "hidden" on the Pokemon.

The only reasons they're not universally called "Dream World" abilities are because a) you can get a Darmanitan and Musharna with their hidden abilities in-game, and b) the Dream World is currently completely incompatible with fifth-gen Pokemon.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6SaintparaPosted 6/19/2011 2:32:03 AM
jayman7 posted...
They're called "Hidden" abilities because of the difficulty in getting them (most that are available now can only be obtained from the Dream World, or by breeding Pokemon from it, and most Pokemon's Hidden abilities are not legitimately available at all yet), not because they're "hidden" on the Pokemon.

The only reasons they're not universally called "Dream World" abilities are because a) you can get a Darmanitan and Musharna with their hidden abilities in-game, and b) the Dream World is currently completely incompatible with fifth-gen Pokemon.

And there is a great deal of speculation that Dream World wont be the only way to gain hidden abilities. Events, prizes from spin-off games, RSE remakes, etc etc etc are all ways that GF could 'release' a Pokemon with its new ability.
---
Black FC: 1034 0660 9683 (Saintes)
White FC: 2966 9436 0158
#7trinogonPosted 6/19/2011 2:54:54 AM(edited)
By chance, is your dratini a male?

or

are you breeding with a ditto?

Either one will not pass on the DW ability.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1119 9734 7390