This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Pokemon Ability Ever: Day 3 (Wonder Guard vs. Moody)

#1thepkmnmasterPosted 7/23/2011 10:12:07 PM
Welcome to the Best Pokemon Ability Ever Tournament, where you can vote for one of two competing abilities every day and see which ability wins.

This tournament is for finding out which Pokemon ability is the best. You may place one vote every day for any ability and for any reason, whether it's in-battle effect, overworld effect, name, or otherwise.

Here is the tournament bracket:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=405402&tclass=

Yesterday, it was a close competition. In the end, Prankster was able to beat Sturdy. Today the battle is between the two abilities: Wonder Guard and Moody.

Wonder Guard
Effect: The Pokemon is unaffected by Moves that are not super-effective.

Moody
Effect: At the end of a turn, the Pokemon lowers one of its stats one stage. In exchange, one of its stats are raised two stages.

In the end, my vote goes to Moody. Wonder guard is only owned by 1 Pokemon, and that Pokemon has 5 weaknesses. Along with that, it gets hurt by Spikes, Stealth Rock, Confusion, Burn, Poison, Sandstorm, and Hail. Moody, on the other hand, can be useful in a pinch. While it may hinder some stats, the boost are nothing to laugh about. Plus, Get +2 and -1 on the same stat is a +1, which is still helpful. I go for Moody.
---
Every life ends, but life itself never does.
"Flying Kick-a-Pow!" -Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender
#2Reno_TarshilPosted 7/23/2011 10:14:03 PM
Moody, because while Wonderguard is cool and all when I discovered it could be hurt due to weather conditions turned it off to me.
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
#3DeshokunPosted 7/23/2011 10:14:54 PM
Moody.

There's a reason why Magic Guard is so popular, because there's so much residual damage around that hurts. Wonderguard would be useful on stuff with only a few weaknesses and hit hard/set up easily, but it's only available to Shedinja who's only useful in Ubers.
#4xTreefiddy350xPosted 7/23/2011 10:37:57 PM
Moody. I mean, the pokemon that got Moody are complete s*** and it was still good enough to be ubers. That's pretty insane.
#5Dabrikishaw15Posted 7/23/2011 10:41:07 PM
Moody
---
http://i.imgur.com/QWMrI.png
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
#6DatuDugoPosted 7/23/2011 11:02:34 PM
Moody due to the fact that only Shedinja, has Wonder Guard, which is actually the better ability...
---
Actually, Homer was not written by Homer but by another man of that name.
#7RisenreturnPosted 7/23/2011 11:23:14 PM
While I also say moody, it's understandable why someone would say wonderguard. Say you get a +2 in speed on the first turn, and the second, and a +2 boost to Sp.attack at the same time, but in return get a -1 in accuracy, and -1 in both defenses. Considering the pokemon that get moody, you now have paper thin defenses, and while you have sweeping power, you no longer have the 100% chance of hitting, meaning an attack that doesn't OHKO or even hit for that matter(you're At -1 accuracy) you could potentially be taken out then and there.

In terms of it being banned by smogon, I don't fully understand why it's banned completely, while a move that does the exact same thing(accupressure) while being on pokemon with much more sweeping power isn't. Anyway, I don't want to start a Rant because I'm tired, so I'm gonna atop right here.
---
Pointless fact #23:If you put an egg in vinegar, the shell dissolves and the egg becomes clear!
#8ZackinActionPosted 7/24/2011 12:01:25 AM
Moody. Wonder Guard was glitched in Gen IV, as Fire Fang penetrated it, no matter if it wasn't super-effective or not.
#9kaonohiokalaPosted 7/24/2011 12:31:38 AM
Moody.

Wonder Guard's userpool makes it bad.
---
omg i haet smogon why he ban my blaziken
Black FC: 1077 0743 9713
#10DarkWind313Posted 7/24/2011 12:34:26 AM
Moody.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr] -- Someday I will ragequit life.
~ You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? ~