This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Sun Pokemon?

#1GunswordzPosted 7/30/2011 8:27:44 AM
I need a 5th and 6th pokemon for my Drought team. So far I've got Ninetales(duh), Volcarona, Charizard, and Venasaur. Any help is well appreciated ;)
---
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.
#2SouretsuPosted 7/30/2011 8:33:08 AM
Hitmontop (very good rapid spinner for sun teams) or Slowbro (bulky water that can bait bug/grass types that also has access to Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Grass Knot, and a secondary STAB not hindered by the weather).
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (444 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8
#3Gunswordz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:36:53 AM
What can Hitmontop do? And thanks, I'll definitely consider Slowbro.
---
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.
#4DatuDugoPosted 7/30/2011 8:41:46 AM
Victini, Blaziken
Someone with Storm Drain(Cradily, some shell slug pokemon)/Water Absorb(Vaporeon, Poliwhirl) to take water attacks...
Exeggutor/that flying/grass type with Harvest for 100% free Lum berry every end of turn...
DW Espeon just for being another Sun Pokemon...
---
Her hair glistened in the rain like
nose hair after a sneeze.http://www.petitiononline.com/MajoraM/
#5Gunswordz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:47:20 AM
@DatuDugo
Does Victini have any good physical fire moves(besides V-Create)? And I don't think Blaziken is really any good. Plus, I don't think I need any water absorbers or Exceggutor.
---
#6SouretsuPosted 7/30/2011 8:50:01 AM
Gunswordz posted...
What can Hitmontop do? And thanks, I'll definitely consider Slowbro.

He has a decent attack stat and decent defenses (but low HP). He's the only pokemon with Rapid Spin that also has access to Foresight, meaning with proper use your opponent will never be able to block your spin with ghost-types.

He has two abilities, Intimidate and Technician, which are both great. Intimidate is a good all around ability, and Hitmontop's movepool makes excellent use of Technician with access to attacks like Fake Out and Mach Punch.

Hitmontop also has Sucker Punch, Hi Jump Kick and Close Combat, rounding out his offensive potential nicely.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (444 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8
#7Gunswordz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:51:16 AM
Alright. I'll try out Hitmontop.
---
#8DKfromTKPosted 7/30/2011 9:37:39 AM
This topic needs more Exeggutor.
---
"Bones, help this man!"
"Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a....... oh, um, yeah."
#9CloakandStaggerPosted 7/30/2011 9:49:05 AM
charizard AND volcarana? Why