This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon censorship on GTS is ridiculous!

#1MarocksasPosted 9/30/2011 12:17:12 PM
Seriously it's just annoying, all I wanted was a Milotic, the guy wanted a Bulbasaur and I had one but GTS said NO and rejected it. It came from my HeartGold and that was a even bigger issue since the stupid name rater old man is too lazy to have a foreign pokemon's name changed. So I had to go through the baby Bulbasaur nicknamed it Tobias went back to the GTS and some random player already took it.

Nintendo needs to fix this on the next main pokemon game, whether it's a Ruby/Sapphire remake or Gray they need to make a feature in the game that allows players to change foreign pokemon's names especially the ones that may have part a swear word in their names like CoFAGrigus so we can actually get the pokemon we need before someone takes it and the only ones left are the stupid "Legendary Pokemon level 9 and under" ones.
#2PhoenicopterPosted 9/30/2011 12:19:58 PM
What was its name?
---
White horses and pretty ladies by the score.
Photon Recipe!
#3GunswordzPosted 9/30/2011 12:23:16 PM
And that's why I use pokegen.
---
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.
Official Dusclops of the Pokemon Black and White Boards
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 9/30/2011 12:27:23 PM
I thought this was going to be about the pokemons' species name being censored in some cases. Like Weedle or Cofagrigus.

THAT is stupid. Censoring your own freaking species name... seriously? You can't make exceptions for the pokemon's official name? SMH.

Censoring nicknames I don't have a problem with and actually agree with, because the last thing you want is some little kid getting a pokemon named "GiantPenor" or whatever.
---
Master of Electricity
Try the demo for Darkspore, a PC Action-RPG @ http://store.steampowered.com/app/99890/
#5Catcher_FreemanPosted 9/30/2011 12:38:20 PM
The Cofagrigus problem was fixed a while back.
---
0647-8221-6674: Mario Kart Wii FC
4083-7946-6798: Pokemon Black FC
#6Marocksas(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2011 12:45:25 PM
The part of Bulbasaur's name that is censored is "sau" whatever that word means or is part of another word that is offensive I just don't know. The censor thing is good so a young player won't have to ask his/her parents what... "P****" as a nickname for a pokemon that may either look like it or was given the name. means but c'mon a whole pokemon's name that may have something offensive in it that maybe some players may not recognized it or just don't care so as long as they have what they want, that's what bother's me.
#7VentanrexPosted 9/30/2011 12:48:16 PM
Censorship isn't disturbing; the lack of decent trade requests is.
---
I'll come up with a sig sometime, it's just that posts look so much better with something written down here.
#8Checkmate88Posted 9/30/2011 1:16:29 PM
Ventanrex posted...

This. 100% this.
---
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=314745
Pokemon Black: 0518-9431-6973
#9serenade_betaPosted 9/30/2011 1:20:23 PM
Checkmate88 posted...
Ventanrex posted...

This. 100% this.

This.

The accidental censor of the Pokemon's real name is pretty funny though. They should have allowed the checker to accept Pokemon if they didn't have a nickname.
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/30/2011 4:16:07 PM
Ventanrex posted...

The people asking for level 9 or below Reshiram should be banned from GTS.